1) Events High Founded by Nikesh Garera, Abhishek Shrivastava, Parag Sarda, and Arvind Batra: Bangalore-based events and activities marketplace, Events High, raised an undisclosed amount in its angel round of funding from Axilor Ventures. Abhishek Shrivastava, formerly associated with Google Mountain View, has been appointed as the company’s Product Head as well. The raised funds will be used to expand its organizer base and customize user experience on its platform.
2) Supr Daily Founded by Puneet Kumar and Shreyas Nagdawane: Subscription-based micro delivery startup Supr Daily raised an undisclosed amount in Seed funding from investment platform Venture Catalysts. Dr. Apoorv Ranjan Sharma, Anil Jain, Anuj Golecha, Krishna Jhunjhunwal, and Anirudh Damani led the investment round. The raised funds will be utilized to scale up its pan-Mumbai operations in the next 6 months.
3) VivoCarat Founded by Ritesh Oza and Abhijith Shetty: Mumbai-based online jewellery marketplace VivoCarat secured $50K seed funding from a group of individual investors. The funds will be deployed for product development, team building, and marketing.
4) E-Vegetailing Founded by Edwin Rajamohan: The Chennai Angels (TCA) invested a Seed investment of $162K in E-Vegetailing Private Limited, a Chennai-based startup engaged in selling farm fresh vegetables procured directly from farmers and delivered to customers with its innovative technology backend. Gowri Shankar Subramanian, CEO & co-founder – Aspire Systems, led the round on behalf of The Chennai Angels. This capital will be utilized by E-Vegetailing to build its farmer network, increase procurement points and enhance its logistics operations.
5) MCaffeine Founded by Vikas Lachhwani and Tarun Sharma: Ecommerce-based personal care startup, MCaffeine raised $300K in angel investment from Harminder Sahni, Kaushal Aggarwal, Krishna Mehra, Pranay Jivrajka, and Navjot Singh Saini. The raised funds will be used towards marketing, development of its R&D and analytics department, and increasing its supply chain.
6) ShopKirana Founded by Tanutejas Saraswat, Deepak Dhanotiya, and Sumit Ghorawat: ShopKirana, a startup connecting brands and traditional retailers, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Japanese seed-stage investors, Incubate Fund. Mumbai-based Lead Angels Group and senior executives from leading FMCG companies also participated in this round. ShopKirana was among the top 10 startups that were part of Inc42’s StartupPulse Bangalore 2nd edition.
7) Innoplexus Founded by Gunjan Bhardwaj and Gaurav Tripathi: Germany- and India-based DaaS (Data as a Service) startup, Innoplexus raised an undisclosed amount in its Pre-Series A round of funding from HCS, a Germany-based Venture Capital Fund. Post the investment, Hans-Christian Semmler, Managing shareholder of HCS will join as Chairman of the supervisory board of Innoplexus. The company will use the funding to file more patent applications, further develop their trademark platform, iPlexus, and invest in marketing.
8) enKast Founded by M. Amruth Charmana, V. Subhash Chandra and Eshwar Mahadevan: Seamovation Labs Pvt. Ltd, a Bengaluru-based startup which provides cloud-based CRM product enKast raised $2 million in Pre-Series A round of funding. The funds were infused by the Ivy League Alumni Angel Network in a round led by Manish Maheshwari, CEO at Network18 Digital and former Head of Flipkart’s Seller Marketplace. The raised funds will be utilized by the company to enhance scalability and quality of enKast’s on-demand platform and utility application suits.
9) LexComply Founded by Gaurav Jain, Thomas Abraham, and Pooja Aggarwal: Delhi based compliance management software startup LexComply, raised undisclosed amount in its pre-series funding from Ex Founder of CX Partners, Ajay Relan along with other Angel Investors. The funding will be used for enhancing technology and marketing solutions to enable business conversions.
10) Tiyo Founded by Rana Dutta, Suneil Mishra, and Sandip Bodak: Kolkata-based healthtech startup Tiyo, run by Labsense Technology Services, raised an undisclosed amount in an Angel round of funding from Middle East-based existing investor, Ajith Nair, CEO iAdepto Global. The startup will utilize the newly raised funds to further accelerate its patient care technology and to increase its sales and marketing strategies.
11) AsoCon Founded by Sanjay Nagi: AsoCon, a Process management startup has raised an undisclosed amount of funding in its latest round of seed investment from Quarizon.
Real Estate Industry
12) NoBroker Founded by Amit Agarwal, and Akhil Gupta: Bangalore-based brokerage-free real estate portal, NoBroker raised $7 million, as an extension to its Series B funding. This extension round is led by Korean investor KTB Network. Existing investors SAIF Partners, BEENEXT, and Digital Garage also participated in the funding.
13) Zoomcar Founded by David Back, and Greg Moran: Bangalore-based self-drive car rental venture Zoomcar raised an undisclosed amount of funding from China-based Cyber Carrier CL. This is an added fundraise following its $25 million Series B round of funding in August 2016.
14) Byju Founded by Byju Raveendran: Education startup Byju’s received $15 million in its private equity round of funding led by International Financial Corporation. The funding has been raised to fuel their international expansion.
15) Mindler Founded by Prateek Bhargava, and Prikshit Dhanda: Technology platform Mindler, which offers career counseling services to students, secured $324K in financing from two of its existing investors. The Delhi-based company uses a platform based on artificial intelligence and machine learning to provide assessment programmes that can help school students decide their career path.
16) The BlueBook Founded by Varun Kumar Akula and Alok Medikepura Anil: An online-to-offline (O2O) marketing platform, The BlueBook raised $500K in its Seed round of funding led by Indian Angel Network (IAN). Fundraising platform LetsVenture, Srinubabu Gedela, CEO, OMICS International, Avinash Vashistha, founder, Tholons Capital, and Rajiv Mehta, CEO, Arvind Lifestyle also participated in the funding round. The capital raised will be utilized in consolidating the merchant and user base in Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Gurgaon, apart from investing in product and technology to offer deep customer analytics, loyalty solution for merchants, and unique payment solution.
17) MyAdvo Founded by Kushal Bhagat: MyAdvo, a legal-tech concierge that helps its clients connect to lawyers for their legal needs, raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from Pradyumna Dalmia (Calcutta Angels Network), S. Somasegarand other investors through LetsVenture. The startup will be utilizing the funds to set up a stronger technology and operational backbone. The startup is planning to soon expand to eight more cities.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.