Consumer Internet Industry
1) MyGlamm founded by Darpan Sanghvi: On-demand beauty services provider MyGlamm secured $5.3 million from French cosmetic giant L’Occitane. The fresh funds will be used for business expansion.
2) Haqdarshak founded by Aniket Doegar and Mayank Garg: Bangalore-based Haqdarshak Empowerment Solutions Pvt. Ltd, a tech-enabled social enterprise, raised $191K in angel funding led by a clutch of investors, including WonderChef managing director Ravi Saxena and former Infosys executive Sandeep Raju.
3) BabyOnBoard founded by Rakesh Shivran and Aditya Kulkarni: Bengaluru-based portal for storing baby milestones and baby pictures BabyOnBoard, raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding led by Gana Yantrika Systems’ Anant Pandit. Other investors who participated in the round include Mahavir Sharma of Rajasthan Angel Investors Network, Vishal Jain, Head of Projects at Honeywell, Rohit Sethi, L&D Head at Arthur D. Little Dubai and Gaurav Luniya of CMS Infosystems.
4) BlackBuck founded by Chanakya Hridaya, Rajesh Yabaji, and Ramasubramaniam B: After raising around $30 million in 2015, Bengaluru-based freight Transportation Company BlackBuck raised $70 million in Series C round of funding led by Sands Capital. Existing investors such as Accel Partners, Tiger Global, Apoletto. and Flipkart also participated in this round. The raised funds will be used to bolster product development and scale its operations.
5) Flipkart founded by Binny Bansal, Sachin Bansal: Indian largest e-commerce platform Flipkart is set to merge with eBay India as part of its fresh funding round of around $2 billion. Flipkart has already raised $1 billion in the recent round of funding which was led by Chines Internet giant Tencent with $500 million followed by Microsoft and eBay.
6) Airpay founded by Kunal Jhunjhunwala, Amit Kapoor, and Rohan Deshpande: Omni-channel payments platform Airpay raised $3.67 million in Series A round of funding led by Kalaari Capital, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and Rajesh Jhunjhunwala. The startup plans to infuse the newly raised funds in technology development, building the sales and distribution team, and support infrastructure to rapidly expand its enterprise customer base.
7) MarketsAndMarkets founded by Sandeep Sugla: Pune-based research and consulting firm MarketsandMarkets raised $56 million in a funding round led by FTV Capital and VC firm Zodius Capital. The funds will be deployed for its growth and global expansion in the US and European markets.
8) Bizom founded by Lalit Bhise: Bangalore-based Mobisy Technologies Pvt. Ltd, which operates supply chain automation platform Bizom and mobile marketplace app Distiman, secured $382 K in a bridge round from existing investor Ojas Ventures and two undisclosed angel investors.
9) ixigo founded by Dharmendra Yashovardhan, Rajnish Kumar, and Aloke Bajpai: Gurugram-based travel search marketplace ixigo raised $15 million in its Series B round of funding from Sequoia Capital and Chinese investment firm Fosun Kinzon Capital Pvt. Ltd. The deal is a mix of compulsorily convertible preference shares and equity shares, signed in January this year and closed on March 17, 2017. The company will utilize the raised funds towards developing its product capability, expansion and marketing purposes.
10) Delhivery founded by Mohit Tandon, Sahil Barua, Bhavesh Manglani, Kapil Bharati and Suraj Saharan: Delhi-based e-commerce logistics firm Delhivery secured $100 million funding from US-based investment fund Carlyle Asia Partners, and Tiger Global. With this move, Carlyle Asia Partners IV has picked up a minority stake in the startup. Carlyle Group is a global alternative asset manager with $158 billion of assets under management across 281 investment vehicles as of December 31, 2016.
11) Oxa Medical founded by Shashank Shrivastava: Hyderabad-based healthcare startup, Oxa Medical secured an undisclosed amount in Seed funding from UAE-based Idein Ventures, marking its first investment in the core healthcare industry in India. The company plans to deploy the funds to build its technology stack and expand operations in Hyderabad.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.