Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) The Office Pass founded by Aditya Verma, Nikhil Madan and Sachin Gaur: Gurugram-based coworking platform The Office Pass secured $245K in a Seed funding round from a consortium of individual investors from Arun Tadanki, former managing director of Yahoo Southeast Asia and India. The company will deploy the new capital to enhance its platform and hire technology and product talent.
2) UrbanClap founded by Varun Khaitan, Raghav Chandra and Abhiraj Bhal: Gurugram-based mobile services marketplace UrbanClap secured $3.1 million in venture debt led by Trifecta Capital through non-convertible debentures. UrbanClap has also assigned equity through compulsory convertible preference shares to Trifecta for $310K.
3) Awfis founded by Amit Ramani: Collaborative coworking space provider Awfis secured $20 million from Sequoia India. The startup plans to utilize the funds to grow its network of centers, launch new products/services, and further enhance the existing technology platform.
4) Howdy Ventures founded by Sushant Kumar Choudhury and Sudhakar Raja: Chennai-based Howdy Ventures Pvt. Ltd secured $1.5 million at a $3 million valuation, from S. Xavier Britto, the Chairman of Kerry Indev Logistics, against a 50% equity stake. Britto has been hired as the Chairman of the Board of Howdy Ventures, along with former Deputy Auditor General of India, S. Sathyamoorthy. With this funding, the company also announced the launch of a social event and messaging app ‘HowdyDo’.
5) StalkBuyLove founded by Tushar Ahluwalia and Nishrit Srivastva: New Delhi-based online fashion brand StalkBuyLove secured $1 million venture debt from Trifecta Capital. The startup will deploy the recently raised funding to strengthen its supply chain technology and expand the team. The brand claims to have sold 65,000 garments in April 2017.
6) Flytxt founded by Vinod Vasudevan: Customer data analytics Software Company Flytxt raised $11 million funding from DAH Beteiligungs GmbH, a company related to the Hopp family office. The company plans to invest the newly raised fund for software product R&D and to expand to other verticals.
7) Autobix founded by Adhikar Babu, Pranav Anand and Karan Talwar: Auto dealership and workshop management platform Autobix raised an undisclosed amount of Seed funding from UK-based auto parts maker GardX International Ltd, against a 25% stake. The firm will utilize the funds to scale up its back-end, upgrade its network, cloud, and server, and to focus on research and development.
8) Oddup founded by James Giancotti: Hong Kong-based startup focussed research platform Oddup raised $6 million in its Series A round of funding led by Brand Capital, 500 Startups, Click Ventures, Moneta Ventures, and White Capital. With the freshly infused funds, the startup aims to expand into India and complete its expansion throughout Asia.
9) Mech Mocha founded by Mohit Rangaraju and Arpita Kapoor: Bengaluru-based mobile gaming startup Mech Mocha raised $5 million in Series A round of funding from Accel partners, Shunwei Capital, and Blume Ventures. The startup will deploy the raised funds to develop and launch new mobile-gaming titles across the casual and mid-core gaming categories, targeted at the Indian audience.
10) iSos Inc founded by Anil Rana, Gourav Arora, Meenakshi Sharma, and Paras Guglani: Punjab-based computer software startup iSos Inc raised $5 million led by Portland-based serial Tech-Entrepreneur, Nitin Khanna. iSos is into developing productivity enhancement solutions like smart attendance, real-time tracking, and monitoring inventory management, cashless transactions, security management etc.
11) Sienna founded by Javed Tapia: Fintech platform Sienna raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by Warburg Pincus-backed NBFC Capital First Ltd, against a 10% stake. It is a cash and stock deal where 8% has been kept as equity while $665K has been given in cash against the remaining 2% stake.
Food & Beverage Industry
12) Faasos founded by Jaydeep Barman and Kallol Banerjee: Pune-based online food delivery startup Faasos raised $6.4 million funding in an extended Series C round from Lightbox Ventures II, Lightbox Expansion Fund, Sequoia Capital India, RuNet South Asia, and RB Investments. So far, the company has raised a total of $64.6 million in six rounds of funding.
13) Scootsy founded by Rishi Khiani, Sandeep Das, Sanjay Ghai and Sunil Saraf: Mumbai-headquartered discovery and delivery service provider Scootsy secured a $3.6 million Pre-Series A round from Agnus Capital, Khattar Holdings, and AntFarm. With the new round of funding, Scootsy plans to work on strengthening logistics technologies and its delivery platform as well as also add Scootsy Express, a service that will deliver food to corporate offices across the city.
14) OYO Room founded by Ritesh Agarwal: Gurgaon-based Hotel aggregator OYO Rooms, which is operated by Oravel Stays Pvt. Ltd is closing a $250 million fundraising round led by existing investor SoftBank Group, after which it will be valued at $850 million.
15) Toppr founded by Zishaan Hayath: Mumbai-based edtech startup Toppr secured an external round of $336K in a bridge round of funding led by Mauritius-based WTGG International Ltd, and an individual named Nitin Gupta. The funding took place in September last year as per the filings with the Registrar of Companies.
16) eShiksha founded by Pravin Sharma: Jaipur-based edtech platform eShiksa secured an undisclosed amount in an extended Seed funding round led by Cross Border Angels & Experts and Rajasthan Angel Innovators Network chairman and co-founder Mahavir Pratap Sharma.
17) iNurture founded by Ashwin Ajila: Higher education solutions provider iNurture Education Solutions secured $1.5 million venture debt from non-banking financial company BlackSoil Capital Pvt. Ltd. The latest funds will be used by the Bangalore-based company to meet its working capital requirements and focus on current and new business initiatives.
18) Niramai founded by Dr. Geetha Manjunath and Nidhi Mathur: Bengaluru-based AI startup Niramai Health Analytix secured an undisclosed amount of funding in an angel round from pi Ventures, Ankur Capital, Axilor Ventures, 500 Startups, and Flipkart co-founder Binny Bansal. This investment will help the Niramai team to strengthen the IP portfolio, expand operations, and ensure their cancer screening tool is freely available for commercial use.
19) Myra founded by Faizan Aziz and Anirudh S Coontoor: Bengaluru-based online pharmacy startup Myra secured an undisclosed amount in extended Series A round of funding led by Times Internet and existing investor Matrix Partners. With the newly raised funds, the company is planning to extend its footprint to two more metro cities.
20) Sepalika founded by Sharda Agarwal and Mahesh Jayaraman: Mumbai-based health content platform Sepalika secured $750K in a Seed funding round led by Accel Partners. The startup aims to use the fresh capital for further building on its research-based content and strengthening its core proposition in the key market of USA.
21) ZipGo founded by Pritesh Gupta, Gaurav Agarwal, Neeraj Paliwal and Jitender Sharma: Bengaluru-based bus pooling app ZipGo secured an undisclosed amount of funding from a pool of existing and new investors in a Series A round.
22) Mintwalk founded by Nikhil Banerjee and Shiv Nandan Negi: Mumbai-based MintWalk, a fintech robo-advisory platform secured an undisclosed amount of funding from Shachindra Nath, ex–Group CEO of Religare Enterprises, through Poshika, his investment, and mentoring vehicle. With this deal, he also comes aboard MintWalk as Chief Mentor.
Digital Media Industry
23) POPxo founded by Priyanka Gill and Namrata Bostrom: Delhi-based online media network for women, POPxo raised $3.1 million funding round from existing investors Kalaari Capital and IDG Ventures India. Japan’s GREE Ventures, Summit Media (Philippines), Atul Goel, and Gurpreet Singh also participated in this round of funding. The investment will be utilized to develop tools on the product/technology front that will make it easier for the company’s female-centric user base to interact, engage, find what they are looking for and shop for the same.
Home Service Industry
24) Frapperz founded by Rimjhim Ray and Jyotirmay Kanthal: Kolkata-based home services startup Frapperz is likely to close a $400K from Australian healthcare entrepreneur, Shiva Gunapu and Hyderabad-based high net worth individual Sirish Tarumani along with its co-founders, Jyotirmay Kanthal and Rimjhim Ray. The startup will utilize the funds to strengthen its technology backbone and expand operations.
Table of Contents