Last updated on November 28th, 2016 at 11:02 am
1) Table reservation Startup Evening Flavors tasted $500K for expansion. The company is based out in Bangalore and has raised the funding from independent angel investor Sandiep Shrivatsava for expansion across India. The company reports annual revenues of over INR 1.5 crores just from commissions made from bookings and reservations.
2) Bangalore based customer engagement startup Nudgespot has raised $650K from Kae Capital and other angel investors including Anoop Goyal, Mike Shah, and V.A. Sastry. Nudgespot is the venture started by the Myntra’s founder Raveen Sastri. The company will utilize the fund in marketing, product development and team expansion in India and US.
3) Delhi based Akosha; a customer to business interaction platform helps the customer in resolving post purchase complaints. It raised $16 million in Series B round of funding led by Sequoia Capital. The fund raised will be utilized to strengthen mobile technology, increase the technology and team size.
4) Gurgaon based local business discovery startup Crown-it has raised $5.5 million in Series A round of funding from Accel Partners and Helion Venture Partners. The company is planning to upgrade its technology and increase the number of categories for retail.
5) Delhi based MeetUniv assisting the students in finding colleges’ abroad has raised $1 million from US-based Peesh Venture Capital. The company is planning to use the fund in increasing its reach. This month we have seen current funding in the educational portals like in Plancess and Toppr.
6) Bangalore based startup Lookup; a messaging app connecting local merchants with customers has raised Seed funding in Series A round from three investors for a total of $382K including the co-founder of Twitter, Biz Stone.
7) Bengaluru based IoT based Health Platform Cooey has raised an amount of $470K angle funding from Digital Circuit’s President Subhash Goyal. The firm has partnered with 3 hospitals right now to provide home care and antenatal care.Currently, Cooey is focused on B2B2C space and is planning to service customers directly in the coming time.
8) Gurgaon based tour planning venture Makemytrip has invested in Inspirock, a travel planning tool to double its reach in the online tour planning space. MMT has taken 18% stake in Inspirock.
9) Delhi-based customized tea startup Chaayos raised $5 million in Series A round of funding from Tiger Global Management LLC. Currently Chaayos runs 8 cafes in the Delhi NCR region and is planning to add over 50 stores.
10) Ahmedabad-based enterprise communications solutions startup Awaaz De raised funds in an angel round from Mumbai-based angel investor Samir Shah. The infused funds will be utilized to expand its reach and to strengthen the team.
11) TheBetterIndia, a Bangalore-based online media startup which publishes narratives which creates social impact raised an undisclosed amount of funding from former Infosys CFO and Chairman of Manipal Global Education, Mohandas Pai.
12) Gurgaon-based logistics services provider TrucksFirst raises $10 million in Series A round of funding from SAIF Partners. The funding will be used to strengthen the technology, backend and hiring.TrucksFirst had raised the money on April 14, 2015 from SAIF Partners, as per a statement filed with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
13) SunTerrace, a solar energy plant developer based out in Delhi raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from US-based Sunergy Investors.The company will use the funding for rooftop solar projects as it aims to set up 100MW rooftop projects across India by 2018.