YouTube remains to be a platform that focuses on making the better user experience.
It is not just the most widely-viewed social media channel; it has become the destination of choice for users looking for the latest information on products and services.
For advertisers and agencies, the goal is to reach your audience in new, creative ways.
And YouTube has become a highly effective spot for accessing massive audiences through online advertising.
The case study illustrates how YouTube influencers can help brands achieve their marketing goals—build brand awareness, customer loyalty, boost product sales, etc.
YouTube Marketing and Influencers
Marketers are constantly looking for new ways to connects with consumers online.
They are turning to influencer marketing. Every platform has its own influencers- people with an audience that trust their recommendations.
YouTube Influencers are more popular amongst youth than celebrities.
And with 100 hours of video uploaded per minute and 6 billion hours of viewership per month, means YouTube is a force to be estimated with when it comes to marketing your services.
Potential consumers turn to YouTube influencers to discover products and get reviews, tips and tutorials on everything from makeup to their next furniture purchase.
The Power of YouTube
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world
- 33% of all online activity is spent watching video content
- 84% of consumers say they trust peer recommendations above all other sources of advertising
- 75% of users visit a marketer’s site after viewing a video
- Marketing-inspired word-of-mouth generates more than twice the sales of paid advertising.
- 64% are more likely to purchase a product from an eCommerce site after watching a related video
- People referred by loyal customers have a 37% higher retention rate.
- 66% of social media marketers plan to increase their YouTube marketing in the near future
YouTube is Embraced Equally by B2B and B2C Marketers
YouTube is used by 55% of B2B social marketers and 55% of B2C social marketers. This makes YouTube the only major channel that has a nearly even mix of contribution.
How Brands Are Marketing On YouTube?
- YouTube has solidified itself as the leading host for visual content.
- It is the single most valuable marketing channel on the internet.
- Because of its popularity and features, it can be a useful marketing channel for businesses.
- Brands can use YouTube to launch or promote products, express your brand’s ‘personality’, monitor feedback, provide customer service and help your customers spread the word about their business.
- Successful marketers have YouTube channels that clearly focus on specific target audiences.
Benefits of YouTube Marketing for Brands
- YouTube lets businesses show their products in action.
- Can be used as a tool to share and engage with customers.
- To build their reputation as an expert in a field
- Help you embed video content in your website without increasing your site’s bandwidth
- Chance to show your brand personality
- Gives you the ability to revisit successful events by showing videos of them to people
- Provide solutions for their customers
How to Develop a Successful YouTube Influencer Marketing Strategy?
Developing and implementing a YouTube influencer marketing strategy takes time and research.
But, this will pay off because when this type of marketing is planned and executed properly, brands can expand their reach, attract new customers, start a dialogue with consumers, and increase brand awareness.
6 steps to building an impactful campaign with influencers:
- Identify Your Customer
- Determine Your Goals
- Set Your Budget
- Pick the Right Influencer for Your Brand
- Trust Your Influencers
- Engage with Customers and Share on Social Media Platforms
Why Brands Are Marketing With Top YouTube Influencers
Advertising is changing. Now, consumers are spending more time on social media channels.
Audiences look progressively more to the social media platforms for entertainment, advice, discovery, and learning…
Top YouTube influencers are well-positioned to reach millions of engaged followers with brand-sponsored content…
And, leverage the relationships they have with fans to increase brand awareness and drive sales.
Examples of Brands Marketing on YouTube
#1 Break & Nissan
With over 2.9 million subscribers, YouTube channel Break collaborated with Nissan to participate in the brand’s #withdad campaign (also aligned with Nissan’s Super Bowl commercial theme).
This touching, brand-sponsored content generated over 922K views and helped reinforce a positive brand image for ‘Nissan’.
#2 Andrew Hales (LAHWF) & Tide
Andrew Hales’ comical social experiments and ingenious pranks have made him one of the top YouTube influencers today. With over 2 million subscribers, by asking Hales participate in the ‘Tide Pod Challenge & sponsoring Hales’ video.
This funny prank generated over 47million views and helped highlight a confident brand image for ‘Tide’.
#3 Andrea Brooks and Blair Fowler & Colgate
For Colgate’s online video marketing campaign #SmileShow, the brand collaborated with two top influencers, Andrea Brooks (AndreasChoice) and Blair Fowler (juicystar07) for an audience reach of 4 million and 1.9 million subscribers respectively.
The brand sponsored video here above with over 9.1 million views, features a popular how-to style video format and topic.
When people look to make a purchase, they’re more likely to listen to someone they trust like family & friends than traditional advertising.
Amid the several platforms available, they also turn to YouTube. YouTube Influencers can enhance your overall brand reputation and brand visibility.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.