Consumer Internet Industry
1) Playment founded by Ajinkya Malasane, Akshay Lal and Siddharth Mall: Bengaluru-based Playment, an AI-driven mobile crowdsourcing platform, the Indian startup secured $1.6 million in Pre-Series A round of funding led by YCombinator, Sparkland Capital and Silicon Valley angel investors such as Ryan Petersen (CEO, Flexport), Max Altman and others. Playment was part of Y Combinator’s Winter 2017 batch. Saif Partners did a super pro-rata in this round to take the total funding raised in the Pre Series A round to $2.2 million. The startup will use the newly raised funding to build its engineering, product, and data science teams, build an internal AI research lab, and set up an office in Bay area.
2) ONN Bikes founded by Namit Jain and Shanky Munoth: Mumbai-based self-drive bike rental startup ONN Bikes raised $696K in a Pre-Series A round of funding from Z Nation Lab, JITO Angels, and Venture Catalysts. Several VCats angels such as Jayesh Parekh (Sunidhi Securities), Pankaj Harlalka (Narnolia Capital), Gaurav Gandhi, Nikunj Pachisia, and Vijay Lakhani also participated in the startup funding round. The funding will be used by ONN Bikes to build a stronger technology base, increase the fleet size, expand to more cities, and promote its franchise model. The startup also plans to expand its range of electric vehicles in the coming months.
3) Rapido founded by Aravind Sanka, Rishikesh SR and Pavan Guntupalli: Bangalore-based Roppen Transportation Services Pvt. Ltd, which operates bike taxi startup Rapido secured $422K in a fresh funding round from US-based Battery Road Digital Holdings LLC, filings with the Registrar of Companies show.
4) TAO Automation founded by Arjun Vaznaik: Bengaluru-based TAO Automation secured an undisclosed amount of seed funding from 3one4 Capital and Arihant Patni. The startup also announced that Swaminathan Dandapani, former managing director and chief executive of Infosys BPO and former executive chairman of Manipal Health Enterprises, has joined its board of directors.
5) TempoGO founded by Pranav Shirke: Goa-based Internet of Things (IoT) and software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions provider for the transportation industry, TempoGO raised $250K from Javelin Startup-O Victory Fund. It also raised an additional funding from Dubai-based NB Ventures, which is a $50 million fund. This funding round takes the total amount of capital raised by TempoGO to over $1.35 million. TempoGo was incubated at Goa-based Prototyze.
6) WebEngage founded by Ankit Utreja and Avlesh Singh: Marketing automation startup Webengage secured an undisclosed amount of funding from BlackSoil Capital. The investment has been made in the form of short-term working capital demand loans.
7) Heckyl founded by Abhijit Vedak, Jaison Mathews, Mukund Mudras, Som Sagar: London- and Mumbai-based Heckyl Technologies Pvt. Ltd, which operates a big data analytics platform for investors, traders and researchers, secured $2.7 million, show the company’s filings with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
8) Nuvepro founded by Giridhar, Janakiraman Srinivasan, Umesh Bhatt, Moyukh Goswami and Rajesh Vasudevan: Bengaluru-based Nuvepro Technologies Pvt Ltd, which provides managed cloud environment solutions, secured $400K in a seed round of funding from angel investment platform 1crowd. The startup will use the funding to enhance research and development efforts and for expansion.
10) CreditMate founded by Ashish Doshi, Aditya Singh, Jonathan Bill: Paytm made an undisclosed amount of investment in Mumbai-based fintech startup CreditMate. The raised funds will help the Indian startup in expanding its operations, distribution, lending partnerships, and technology.
Healthcare & Wellness Industry
11) KIVIHealth founded by Bhanu Mahajan and Rajandeep Singh: Mumbai-based KiviHealth raised $400K in Pre-Series A round of funding from Claris Capital, with the participation of Chandigarh Angels Network (CAN), few HNIs and existing investors. The new funding will be used by the Indian startup to further strengthen its product offering and scale sales operations.
12) Truweight founded by Megha More and Vishnu Saraf: Weight loss counseling provider Truweight wellness raised an undisclosed amount of funding from BlackSoil Capital. The investment has been made in the form of short-term working capital demand loans.
13) Portea founded by Zachary Jones and Karan Aneja: Portea Medical secured $26 million in series C round of funding led by new investors Sabre Partners and MEMG CDC. Portea’s existing investors Accel, International Finance Corporation (IFC), and Qualcomm Ventures also participated in this round.
14) StyleCracker founded by Dhimaan Shah and Archana Walavalkar: StyleCracker, a portal that connects women with designers for advice on fashion and styling trends, has raised around $1 million in its first round of funding from a bunch of high net-worth individuals. Beside Alia bhatt, a couple of undisclosed investors also participated in this Pre-Series A startup funding round. Post this round of funding, the founders will jointly hold a 65% stake in the company.
15) RedBook founded by Keith Halfhide: Mumbai-based AI enabled pharmacy platform RedBook raises Seed Funding round led by Vida Ventures and Dr. Aniruddha Malpani. The company will use the funds to scale RedBook pan India.
16) Saavn founded by Rishi Malhotra, Vinodh Bhat and Paramdeep Singh: Saavn, an Indian music distribution app which operates globally through New York, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from two new strategic investors, Senvest Management LLC and Endeavor. For Senvest, this will be the company’s first investment in India. Endeavor’s involvement would help strengthen ties between East-West music industries and further allow Saavn to grow its unique collaborations between Western and South Asian artists and producers.
17) MiStay founded by Pranav Prabhakar and Sandeep Jaiswal: Bengaluru-based MiStay, a travel-tech startup raised a round of investment from Axilor Ventures along with participation from a group of angel investors. The funds will be used in growing the team, marketing and scaling up operations across India. MiStay was part of Axilor’s Winter ’16 accelerator batch.
18) GoBolt founded by Naitik Baghla, Parag Aggarwal and Sumit Sharma: Delhi-based logistics startup GoBolt raised an undisclosed amount of funding from BlackSoil Capital. The investment has been made in the form of short-term working capital demand loans.