If you remember some 10-15 years ago, having a website was optional but now you cannot actually run a business effectively without a website. Forget about the website, now you cannot make it without a responsive website, for people are using internet on multiple devices.
What is a responsive website?
Before we go ahead with the reasons as to why a responsive website is so important for your business let me walk you through a few stats related to mobile usage worldwide.
• 91% of all people on earth have a mobile phone.
• 56% of people own a smart phone.
• 50% of mobile phone users use mobile as their primary Internet source.
• 72% of tablet owners purchase online from their tablets each week.
• Mobile web adoption is growing x8 faster than web adoption did in the 1990s and early 2000s.
• Just under 30% of emails are now opened on mobile devices. Over 10% on tablets.
• The average person checks their smartphone 34 times a day.
• 64% of decision-makers read their email via mobile device.
• Mobile web browsing accounted for 30% of all web traffic in 2012 and is expected to grow to 50% by 2014.
• 40% of mobile consumers turned to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile web experience.
• It is estimated that 1.2 billion people worldwide were using mobile apps at the end of 2012. This is forecast to grow at a 29.8 percent each year, to reach 4.4 billion users by the end of 2017.
Hopefully, the stats are enough to tell you about why you need a responsive website. Still let me explain it in detail. See! The stats clearly depict that how people are using multiple screens for multiple purposes that include marketing as well. In fact they mainly use it for various marketing purposes such as searching and comparing the products, making purchase online and so on. So, the more people are on mobile internet, the more crucial it becomes for you to cater them services that are mobile friendly. And, so you need a responsive website to make everything easier for the consumer, eventually getting yourself more sales.
Moreover, if you don’t have a responsive website the customer while reading your website on their phones or the distinguished devices might need to zoom in and out to read portions of the web page, which can be a frustrating experience for them. In most of such cases the customer leaves your website and goes to that of your competitors if they have a mobile compatible website. Resizing the site was just one concern; there are so many other things that need your attention such as the buttons on your website, the content on it and so on, as they must be optimized for mobile usage.
And, the idea is that you don’t need to make big investment for it as in many cases and existing website can be upgraded. I shouldn’t say it’s time to make your site ready for mobile users as the time has passed a long before and that you already have missed a large number of sales that could have been made through a responsive website. Hence, get a responsive website before it is too late and that your competitors outsmart you to an extent that it really becomes tough for you to even get up and give it a shot.