Consumer Internet Industry
1) KhanaGadi founded by Amit Deep Kumar, Sunil Kumar Awasthi and Rakesh Gupta: This railway food delivery aggregator has received an investment from Hyderabad-based 50K Ventures. With these funds, the Jaipur based startup plans to expand its network, adopt a more aggressive marketing strategy and build its team further.
2) CureJoy founded by Dikshant Dave: A startup that has an online community to connect users with alternative medicine experts, CureJoy has raised $4.4 million in Series A round of funding led by Accel Partners India. The startup will use the funds to grow its healthcare vertical focusing on fitness duty and nutrition, strengthen the team and build a strong tech infrastructures with an emphasis on video content.
3) Unnati Online founded by Vishal Gupta, Sumeet Singh and Nikhil Rai: Info Edge (India) Ltd has picked up minority stake in Unnati Online, which works as an employment exchange network for informal sector workers in the country. It invested $600K through convertible preference shares for acquiring about 28.5% stake, on fully converted & diluted basis.
4) ClearTax founded by Archit Gupta, Raja Ram Gupta, Srivatsan Chari and Ankit Solanki: This FinTech startup that facilitates users to file taxes and returns online has raised $12 million in Series A round of funding led by Ravi Adusumalli of SAIF Partners. The startup will use the newly raised capital to build and launch new products, hire 100+ engineers and build its executive leadership team. It aims to triple its overall team size to 300 employees by the end of this year.
5) Saavn founded by Rishi Malhotra, Paramdeep Singh, Anjali Naik and Vinodh Bhat: This music streaming service has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from Guy Oseary. As an investor and partner in Saavn, Oseary will help the company continue to build a robust platform for streaming entertainment in India.
6) Athletto founded by Ujwal Sutaria, Praveen Gadpayle and Narayana Vyas: Sports tech startup that helps in booking sports infrastructure in the vicinity, Athletto has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from industrialist Atul Ingle. With the newly raised capital, the startup aims to focus on aggregating listings on their platform and digitize the unorganized sports sector, which is estimated at more than $50 billion in Asia.
7) OneWay.Cab founded by Vivek Kejriwal, Devang Sanghvi and Pankaj Gandhi: This one way taxi service provider has raised $450K from IAN. Ajay Gupta, lead IAN investors, will join the startup’s board. Besides, Abhishek Agarwal, director at Fortune Interfinance, and Rahul Mehta, private equity investor at IL&FS Investment Managers, will provide guidance and mentoring.
8) Matrubharti founded by Nilesh Shah and Mahendra Sharma: This e-book publisher company has raised $30K in Seed funding from Viridian Capital. The startup will use the newly raised seed funding for investment in technology and expanding the team.
9) EdTechReview founded by Utkarsh Lokesh: This ed-tech media platform and community has raised an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A funding from EVC Ventures. The round was led by Anjli Jain, Managing Partner, EVC Ventures. The startup will use the newly raised funding to expand activities in different cities in India.
10) Jivox founded by Diaz Nesamoney: Multi-screen interactive advertising technology company Jivox Software India Pvt Ltd has raised $6 million from investors led by brand-tech group You & Mr Jones and its founder David Jones. Existing investors also participated in the round. The company will use the funds to grow sales and marketing globally and to invest in its market-leading platform.
11) Silvan Innovation Labs founded by Giridhar Krishna and Avinash Kumar Gautam: This home automation startup has raised about $900K in equity funding from Infuse Ventures. The funding will majorly be used for marketing and creating new home automation products in select segments, such as energy management.
12) Greytip Software founded by Girish Rowjee and Sayeed: This people management software company has raised about $5.2 million in Series B round of funding led by New Enterprise Associates and Blume Ventures. The startup will use the capital to enhance its cloud solution, greytHR, to enable its adoption among a wider set of enterprises and small businesses and for expansion into tier 1 and tier 2 markets.
E Commerce Industry
13) GrabOnRent founded by Manish S. Sugandhi, Shubham Jain and Aditya Sharma: This on-demand product rental marketplace has raised an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round. The funding was led by IvyCap Ventures and Unicorn India Ventures. The company plans to utilize the funds in product development and customer acquisition. A part of the fund will also be used to acquire more quality merchants on the platform.
14) Voonik founded by Sujayath Ali, Navaneetha Krishnan: Fashion app Voonik secured $20 million in Series B round of funding led by Sequoia Capital along with participation from Beenos, Beenext, Tancom Investments, Times Internet, Parkwood Bespin, Seedfund and Kunal Shah. The funding will be used towards strengthening all three product categories on its platform, which includes premium products category – Vilara, menswear offering Mr. Voonik, and its core women-focused vertical Voonik.
15) Bombay Shirt Company founded by Akshay Narvekar: Custom shirt retailer Bombay Shirt Company has raised about $1 million in a bridge round from existing investors and an undisclosed investor. The startup will use the capital to expand to other cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai, along with hiring key hires in the technology space.
16) Gobolt founded by Parag Agarwal and Sumit Sharma: Transportation solution provider in B2B segment Gobolt raised an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round. The investment was led by startup incubator MCube8. The company will use the raised funds in ramping up operations and improving technology.