How FindYahan working towards being number #1 marketplace for service providers in India?
FindYahan is a location-based discovery portal that connects expert persons and home businesses to their target clients easily and efficiently. FindYahan aims at discovery the right person, you’re searching for. It is a hyper local marketplace for lifestyle amenities. The most lucrative vision of FindYahan.com is that it spreads its roots not only to merchandisers but also to the proficient people.
Why we chose FindYahan as Startup of the Week?
- It is a platform that connects skilled individuals and home businesses to their target customers.
- It is running on two platforms, its website as well as an app.
- It operates in NCR region and claims of over 1,00,000 users, 4,000 suppliers and 50,000+ app downloads on the Google Play Store.
- It is a portal where anyone can register for free and search for service providers in their area.
- It is operating in 4 cities currently i.e. Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida and Delhi.
- Their back-end process is so fast that within 2 to 24 hours the customer will get the required information.
- The offline verification of consumers and buyers make it more safe and secure.
- They provide all local services which can be found within the range of 5km.
- It has seen 30K likes on Facebook, and 9,181 followers on Twitter.
- It generates 8,486 Page views for daily and reaches roughly 980 unique users each day.
- It’s daily revenue (from ads) of $ 25.46 USD and monthly revenue of $765 approximately.
Founded by Rachit Mathur and Snehil Khanor, FindYahan was officially launched at the Websummit in Dublin on 30th November 2013 where it was chosen as one of the most innovative startups of the world and given a platform to launch there under the Alpha Startup program.
Location has always offered entrepreneurs with exciting opportunities. With the huge market of persons searching for and providing services, Rachit Mathur and Snehil Khanor have come up with an idea of a marketplace for C2C and B2C amenities.
Rachit met Snehil about a year ago via a mutual link and the two of them zeroed in on FindYahan which is a platform which allows individuals to make money using their talents and proficiencies.
In just over a month of their launch, FindYahan has seen 4500+ registrations had taken place out of which close to 500 converted (phone numbers exchanged between service provider and inquirer or a communication has been started).
How it works?
You just have to put a request about the things you need and that’s all you have to do. The rest is taken care of by the consistent members. You will be called for confirmation, which adds to the security of your request, then your bid for the product will be sent to buyers and thus you are connected. Here you go for the shopping.
In April 2015, FindYahan has raised an undisclosed amount of its second round of funding led by The Phoenix Fund. The company had prior raised a seed round from Karan Bajwa (MD Microsoft India), Sunjay Kapur (MD Sona Koyo Steering), Amanpreet Bajaj (India Head Airbnb.com) and Parvesh Kumar (MD Helios Packaging Pvt Ltd) in February 2015.
Their future plans include:
- Expanding their dimensions to more cities
- Manufacture a package where customers will have to purchase their package for number of deals
- To solve the problem of enlightening the customers about online platform