Loading speed is important to a website’s success.
Most of the visitors coming to a site are willing to wait for a few seconds for your website to load and when they experience problem, they escape out.
Additionally, the search engine Google includes your loading speed in its search algorithms. So, the faster your site is, the better your ranking would be.
Here, in this post, we’ll talk about 6 WordPress Plugins to help you handle slow loading site disaster. Take a look:
WP Fastest Cache is built for pure website loading speed; you will not be able to find any cache that loads a webpage faster, simple as that. This caching system allows users to cache, pages, posts, categories and any other URL on their website.
This cache works by creating a static html file for every page cached and then serving that page up first, meaning for cache pages apache only has to serve up static html files, no need to run any PHP or make any database calls.
Setup of this plugin is so easy. You don’t need to modify the .htacces file. It will be modified automatically.
- Bulk caching of all pages, posts, categories
- Caching of all permalink types including /?p=123 format
- Easy to use cache management
- Page/Post level caching management
Active installations: 400,000+
W3 Total Cache improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing download times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration.
The only web host agnostic WordPress Performance Optimization (WPO) framework recommended by countless web developers and web hosts.
Benefits & Features
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private/dedicated servers and dedicated servers/clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself
- Mobile support
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com
- “Instant” repeat page views: browser caching
Active installations: 1+ million
3) WP Smush
‘WP Smush’ has been benchmarked and tested number one for speed and quality and is the award-winning, proven crowd favorite image optimization plugin for WordPress.
Resize, optimize and compress all of your images with the incredibly powerful and 100% free WordPress image smusher, brought to you by the superteam at WPMU DEV!
Benefits & Features
- It supports all common image formats including JPEG, GIF, and PNG.
- Removes unused colors from images.
- It is compatible with other plugins.
- Compresses any image in your directory.
- Removes metadata from JPEG images.
- Multiple images to compress? No problem. W3 Smush handles up to 50 at a time.
Active installations: 900,000+
WP-Optimize is an effective tool for automatically cleaning your WordPress database, so that, it runs at maximum efficiency. It allows you to clean up and optimize your database to make it run better. You can also remove all those post revisions and comments automatically to ensure your database is running neat, fast, and efficient.
Once enabled, you can define a schedule which will automatically clean-up your database by removing all unnecessary data like spam comments, trashed content, etc., compact/de-fragment your MySQL tables, show database statistics and potential savings and more.
- Removes all unnecessary data (e.g. trashed/unapproved/spam comments, stale data) plus pingbacks, trackbacks and expired transient options
- Compact/de-fragment MySQL tables with a button-press
- Detailed control of which optimizations you wish to carry out
- Carries out automatic weekly (or otherwise) clean-ups
- Retains a set number of weeks’ data during clean-ups
- Performs optimizations without the need for running manual queries
- Automatically trigger a pre-optimize backup via UpdraftPlus (https://updraftplus.com)
- Show database statistics and potential savings
- Mobile friendly and easy-to-use
- Translated into several languages
Active installations: 20,000+
6) BJ Lazy Load
Lazy loading makes your site load faster and saves bandwidth.
This plugin replaces all your post images, post thumbnails, gravatar images and content iframes with a placeholder and loads the content as it gets close to enter the browser window when the visitor scrolls the page. Also, works with text widgets.
Since it works with iframes, it also covers embedded videoes from YouTube, Vimeo etc.
You can also lazy load other images and iframes in your theme, by using a simple filter.