Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:26 pm
1) Snapdeal founded by Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal: Snapdeal parent Jasper Infotech, has raised $200 million in a fresh funding round led by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and Singapore-based investment entity Brother Fortune Apparel, among others. With the infusion of this capital, Snapdeal is valued at over $6.5 billion, a steep jump up from $4.8 billion in August when it raised $500 million. The funds will be used to bolster its technology, logistics, payments and back-end infrastructure.
2) Salebhai founded by Purba, Vishwavijay Singh, Pramod Rao, Gopal Shukla, and Anand Prakash Varani: Salebhai Internet Pvt Ltd, which runs an ecommerce marketplace for sweets, eatables, handicrafts and pooja items, has secured an undisclosed amount of funding from a group of HNIs and customers.
3) Icustommadeit founded by Raj Iyer, Kundan Dhake: An ecommerce portal that sells customised merchandise, icustommadeit.com, has raised $4 million in its Pre-Series A round of funding from Times Group’s Brand Capital, Siddhivinayak Skyscrapers, and Dinesh R. Challa, IIT Roorkee alumnus. The startup has plans use the funds for marketing and to expand its presence in 18 target cities.
4) CareOnGo founded by Yogesh Agarwal, Ritu Singh and Aditya Kandoi: Delhi based online wellness platform and aggregator of pharmacy stores, CareOnGo, has raised $300K in seed round of funding from a group of investors led by Farooq Oomerbhoy. The newly raised capital will be used to increase the number of co-branded stores across various cities.
5) Jaypore founded by Puneet Chawla, Aarti Jesrani, Shilpa Sharma and Deap Ubhi: Online retail store Jaypore that offers products include home decor, accessories, jewelry, apparel, gifts, vintage items etc., has raised $5 million in series A round of funding from social VC firm Aavishkaar. The funding will be made in two tranches, and will be used to further scale up its technology infrastructure, brand building, as well as to expand its team.
6) Aasaanjobs founded by Dinesh Goel and Gaurav Toshniwal: Online marketplace for recruitment, Aasaanjobs, has raised $5 million in Series A round of funding led by Aspada Advisors with participation from existing investors – Inventus Capital Partners and IDG Ventures India. The raised capital will help the startup to take its HR services on the cloud.
7) Jugnoo founded by Samar Singla and Chinmay Agarwal: Chandigarh based On-demand auto rickshaw aggregator, Jugnoo, has received an undisclosed amount of funding from existing investor, TV and film actress Saumya Tandon. Saumya will also endorse the brand.
8) GoYaNo founded by Gaurav Singh and Nitin Sharma: Gurgaon based GoYaNo, an online marketplace for discovering events and restaurant deals, has raised $50K in seed funding from Carclubindia.com founder Mukesh Kumar Gupta. The startup will use the money raised to develop new products and expand its business.
9) RentSher founded by Ketaki Shah, Abhijit and Anubha: Online rental marketplace RentSher raised more than $300K in a seed funding round. The round was led by Dubai-based ex-McKinsey investor Vaibhav Doshi, along with a clutch of other well-known entrepreneurs turned investors. The capital raised will be used for product development, fulfillment and growth.
10) TableHero founded by Deap Ubhi: An intelligent operating system for small local businesses, TableHero has raised $1 million in seed funding, led by growX ventures. The round also saw participation from Kunal Shah, Sandeep Tandon, Haresh Chawla, Powai Lake Ventures and GlobeVestor. The startup is initially targeting nearly million table service restaurants in the US.
11) Tring: Yet to be launched instant messaging app, Tring, raised an undisclosed amount in funding from ValueFirst founder Vishwadeep Bajaj and other angel investors. The startup will use the money raised to complete product development and launch of the startup.
12) Medinfi founded by Ravi Shankar Mishra: Bangalore based healthcare provider discovery app, Medinfi, has raised an undisclosed amount in a fourth round of angel funding from Rajnish Sinha and others. It will use the raised capital for launching iOS app, and further to expand its operations to 13 Indian cities in coming months.
13) Timemytask founded by Mohit Verma and Saurav Suman: Mumbai based on-demand home cleaning services platform, Timemytask has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Lead Angels. The startup will use the funding to expand in Mumbai and launch the technology applications for both customers and cleaners.
14) Docket founded by Gireesh, Prashanth Narayan and Aditya: On-demand documentation and registration service provider, Docket, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding. Docket was previously known as Notarymama. With the raised funds, it plans to expand its services in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai.
15) TheViralFever founded by Arunabh Kumar: Online digital entertainment startup TVF has received a commitment of $10 million from Tiger Global Management and Temasek Boulevard. The company is now valued somewhere around $45 million.
16) GetVee founded by Nitin Gupta: Matrimony app maker GetVee has raised funding from existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Portea chairman K Ganesh and CarDekho CEO Amit Jain. The new funding will be utilized for product development.
17) HealthKumbh founded by Maulik Darji: Online platform that helps doctors, clinics and hospitals network with peers and people, HealthKumbh, has raised $73K in seed funding from an Ahmedabad-based angel investor. The funds will be used for product development and expansion into surrounding cities.
18) Unlaze founded by Nihar Manwatkar: Unlaze, an upcoming personal networking app that seeks to help like-minded people, living nearby, connect over common interests and hobbies, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding led by Dino Morea (Fitness Icon & Entrepreneur) and Sujal Shah (CXO of MissMalini Media).
19) AlmaConnect founded by Swapnil Khandelwal: Alumni networking social network, AlmaConnect, has raised an undisclosed amount in pre-Series A funding from Mohandas Pai and Aspiring Minds co-founder Varun Aggarwal. The startup will utilize the newly raised capital to scale its user base, as well as expand geographically, with US being the primary target.
20) Advantage Club founded by Sourabh Deorah: A mobile platform for corporate employee benefits, Advantage Club, has raised $400K in funding from a round led by Purvi Ventures, Mumbai Angels and other angel investors. The newly raised capital will be used to enhance the product with analytical features and for pan-India expansion.
21) LocalRamu founded by Santosh Tyagi: LocalRamu, a mobile based aggregator for local service providers, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from three individual investors. The raised capital will be used to build up the team, set up the office and develop its technology.
22) OyePlay founded by Hitesh Jain and Amar Pal Singh: Zaikenn Management Services has invested an undisclosed amount in OyePlay, a playground and sports trainer aggregator. The investment was facilitated by the startup marketplace – Brand Accelerator.
23) Snapbizz founded by Prem Kumar and Yashwanth Prakash: Bangalore based Retail technology firm, SnapBizz, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from veteran industrialist Ratan Tata. This is Tata’s eighth investment for the year 2016.
24) BetterPlace founded by Pravin Agarwala and Uday Singh: A digital background verification startup, BetterPlace, has raised $1 million from Unitus Seed Fund. The startup will utilise the amount for developing analytics as a layer on the data as well as the geographical expansion.
25) Gamezop founded by Yashash Agarwal, Gaurav Agarwal and Ashish Anand: Gaming platform, Gamezop, has raised $350K in a seed round funding led by talent management firm Kwan. The round also saw the participation of Anand Chandrasekaran, Phanindra Sama, Powerhouse Ventures, TracxnLabs, AECAL and Vinay Menon. The raised capital will be used by the company towards further building up its technology, distribution alliance and talent.
26) Bollant Industries founded by Srikanth Bolla: Packaging material maker, Bollant Industries, has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from Ratan Tata. Bollant Industries manufactures eco-friendly paper and biodegradable products and provides mainstream employment to several hundred differently-abled people.
27) Tracxn founded by Neha Singh, Abhishek Goyal: Tracxn Technologies Pvt. Ltd has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from a group of angel investors including Nandan Nilekani, Mohandas Pai, WhatsApp vice-president Neeraj Arora and Junglee co-founder Anand Rajaraman, among others.
28) Arkrobot: Warehouse automation startup ArkRobot will get $350K in equity funding for winning Qualcomm’s, QPrize Make in India contest.
29) Buddy founded by Deepak Malhotra and Rajan Bajaj: Bangalore based Student micro-lending startup, Buddy, has raised $500K from Blume Ventures, TracxnLabs and other angel investors in its Pre-Series A round of funding. The newly raised funds will be used to expand its credit risk & technology.
30) Finance Buddha founded by Vivek Bhatia: Hybrid marketplace for financial services, Finance Buddha, raised an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round of funding led by The Chennai Angels. It has presence in 12 cities and disbursed more than INR 1,000 Cr. loans in the current financial year.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.