Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:25 pm
1) BabyBerry founded by Bala Venkatachalam and Subhashini Subramaniam: A mobile-based parenting app, BabyBerry, has raised $1 million in an angel round of funding led by industrialist Nitin Bagamane. The startup plans to use the money for product development and marketing.
2) Taskbob founded by Aseem Khare: Home utility service provider, Taskbob, has raised $4.5 million in Series A round of funding led by IvyCap Ventures. It also saw participation from existing investors, Orios, and Mayfield. The funding will help Taskbob boost its growth and increase dominance in the hyperlocal services sector.
3) Styledotme founded by Meghna Saraogi: A social networking fashion app, Styledotme, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from IAN. The investment has been made under the ‘Small Ticket Funding programme’, announced by IAN last year. The round was led by Ajay Gupta, who will also be mentoring the company. The startup will use the investment to build its technical team, to fine tune the app, and for adding new features.
4) SayFix founded by Nabin Roy: A service-commerce startup in the home services segment, SayFix, has raised $160K in an angel round of funding led by a group of investors and entrepreneurs. The raised capital will be used to develop and enhance the technology infrastructure behind SayFix, and invest in marketing activities to build the brand.
5) AppilyEver founded by Rakesh Gupta: Wedding services provider app, AppilyEver, has raised $400K in a seed round of funding from a group of angel investors, led by Varun Aggarwal, founder of Univariety. The newly raised capital will be utilized for product development and marketing.
6) CupoNation founded by Sahil Shah and Chirag Rakshit: Deal aggregator website, CupoNation, has secured $11.1 million in a Series B round of funding. The round was led by its existing investor Rocket Internet AG. Other investors included New Enterprise Associates (NEA), e.ventures, ru-Net, Deutsche Telekom Strategic Investments (DTSI), Silicon Valley Bank, and Columbia Lake Partners. The raised capital will be used to support its strong growth track.
7) Magicpin founded by Brij Bhushan and Anshoo Sharma: Delhi based hyperlocal discovery platform, Magicpin, has raised $3 million in Series A round of funding from Lightspeed Venture Partners. The startup is aiming to triple transactions on its platform within the next six months and plans to expand to four new cities including Mumbai, Chennai, Pune and Hyderabad.
8) OfBusiness founded by Ruchi Kalra, Bhuvan Gupta and Asish Mohapatra: Gurgaon-based online marketplace for business-to-business (B2B) commerce, has raised $5 million in a Series A round of funding round led by Matrix Partners India. The funds will be used to expand the team and build a technology platform for SMEs (small and medium enterprises) who are increasingly moving online to discover and transact with new customers and suppliers.
9) Funcart founded by Ritika Nangia: An online store for party supplies, Funcart, has raised $70K in a seed round of funding from a group of HNIs. The startup plans to use the funding to expand its business and team, along with creating a robust marketing network for the website.
10) Hopscotch founded by Rahul Anand and Lisa Kennedy: Mumbai-based online retailer of baby care and children’s products, Hopscotch, has raised $13 million from Facebook’s co-founder Eduardo Saverin. With this, the company has gained a total investment of $28 million to date. The startup plans to utilize the raised capital to augment the customer base by adding products and features.
11) SigTuple founded by Apurv Anand, Rohit Kumar Pandey and Tathagato Rai Dastidar: Health tech startup, SigTuple, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Flipkart founders Sachin and Binny Bansal, Accel Partners.Angel investors like Nirupa Bareja, Ashok Bareja, and Amazon’s Debanjan Mukherjee also participated in the round. The startup looks to revolutionise the global medical diagnostic space through data driven intelligence.
12) AaravUnmanned Systems founded by Nikhil Upadhye, Suhas Banshiwala and Vipul Singh: An unmanned aerial vehicle startup incubated at IIT Kanpur, AaravUnmanned Systems, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from StartupXseed Ventures, The Phoenix Fund, and other investors.
13) Carveniche founded by Avneet Makkar and Saraswathy A: Ed-tech startup, Carveniche Technologies Pvt Ltd, has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Calcutta Angels, Lead Angels, and a few HNIS. The funds will be used for product development, scaling up operations, marketing, and for strengthening its B2C operations.
14) Freedom Smart Labs founded by Yogesh Huja: Retail solutions provider, Freedom Smart Labs Ltd., which has a wifi-based retail solution product called Freedom.desi, has raised around $145K in a seed round of funding from Kapil Goel. With the funds raised, the company will work to revive brick-and-mortar stores with the help of IoT solutions.
15) WebEngage founded by Avlesh Singh: CRM solutions provider, Capillary Technologies Pvt Ltd, has partnered with on-site customer engagement suite WebEngage. As part of the partnership, it also picked up an undisclosed minority stake in WebEngage. The partnership was done to build an omni-channel for their overlapping customers.
16) NoBroker founded by Akhil Gupta, Amit Agarwal: P2P rental marketplace, NoBroker, has raised $10 million in Series B round of funding led by BEENEXT & Digital Garage, along with other investors like BEENOS, Qualgro and Mamoru Taniya (of Asuka Holdings). Its existing investor SAIF Partners also participated in the round. With this round of funding, the company has raised a total funding to the tune of $13 million till date.
17) Pin Click founded by Shaishav Kumar, Abhijit Bhole, Shivani Gupta, Manik Kinra and Puneet Kinra: Real estate portal, Pin Click, has raised an undisclosed amount in a Series A round of funding from participants, old seed funder investors, HNIs. The raised capital will be used to stabilise the existing property advisory business in Bangalore & Pune and scale in the same, develop the rental business vertical for single family & multi-family tenancy as well as product & technology development to build efficiencies on the sales process & customer engagement.
18) Nestaway founded by Amarendra Sahu, Smruti Parida, Deepak Dhar and Jitendra Jagadev : One of the most active angel investor of the Indian startup ecosystem, Tata Sons’ chairman emeritus – Ratan Tata has invested an undisclosed amount in Nestaway Technologies Pvt Ltd. It is an online marketplace for home rentals. NestAway had raised $12 million in a funding round led by Flipkart and Tiger Global in July 2015 and prior to that, it had raised over $1 million in March 2015 from InMobi founder Naveen Tewari and venture capital firm IDG Ventures.
19) Juspay founded by Vimal Kumar: Mobile payments startup, Juspay, has raised $5.8 million in a series A round of funding led by venture capital firm Accel Partners. Others who participated in the round included Ashish Hemrajani, Parikshit Dar and Rajesh Balpande. The company will use the raised capital to build its product.
Restaurant & Food-Tech
20) Pocketin founded by Kshitij Mehra: A real-time restaurant deal startup, Pocketin, has raised $150K in a seed round of funding from Hong Kong based Swastika Company Ltd. With the funding, the startup aims to consolidate the eating-out space.
21) FirstEat founded by Mannat Wadehra: Food-tech startup, First Eat, has raised $200K in seed funding from an undisclosed F&B entrepreneur in Gurgaon. The startup aims to solve the problem of ‘awareness, availability and affordability’ of necessary healthy meals, by offering healthy organic meal options.
Media & News
22) Newslaundry founded by Abhinandan Sekhri and Prashant Sareen: A digital media platform, Newslaundry, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Omidyar Network, Mahesh Murthy, Vikram Lal, Abhijit Bhandari, and Shashank Bhagat.
23) Newsdash founded by Prahal Ghai and Antesh Bharadwaj: Hyderabad based Newsdash specializes in bringing newspapers and newsletters on mobile has raised a seed funding of $29K for an exchange of 10% equity stake.
Health and Wellness
24) FeetApart founded by Ashrith G and Abhishek Roy: An employee engagement & wellness platform, FeetApart, has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from Nielsen Singapore’s executive, Vishal Bali, and other angel investors. The fundraising process was facilitated by seedX.
25) Myra Medicines founded by Faizan Aziz: On-demand pharmacy delivery startup, Myra, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Matrix Partners in its Series A round of funding. Pranay Chulet, co-founder of Quikr, and Prashant Malik, co-founder of LimeRoad, also participated in this round.
26) CupidCare founded by Krishna Teja Korrapati, Sriram Varma: Hyderabad based CupidCare is a virtual sexual health clinic that connects patients with board-certified physicians for the remote diagnosis and treatment of regular sexual health conditions has raised a seed funding of $29K for an exchange of 10% equity stake.
27) Theranosis Life Sciences founded by Mike Raghavan, Shibichakravarthy Kannan and Madhavi Muranjan: Hyderabad based Theranosis Life Sciences is a personalized medicine startup developing in-vitro diagnostics for cancer has raised a seed funding of $29K for an exchange of 10% equity stake.
28) Green Pyramid Biotech founded by Mihir Mehta, Rajesh Mehta and Ajinkya Prabhune: Pune based Green Pyramid Biotech. Pvt. Ltd, (GPB) aims to develop and commercialise innovative products, based on compositions/formulations of bio-surfactants, at affordable costs has raised a seed funding of $29K for an exchange of 10% equity stake.
29) Loanzen founded by Madhu Sudhan: Bangalore based peer to peer lending marketplace startup, Loanzen, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Tracxn Labs, and angel investors, through Tracxn Syndicate. The round saw participation from Rajan Navani, Abhishek Gupta, Vinay Gupta, Praful Thachery, Ashish Taneja, Mahesh Parasuraman, and Suresh Bala, among others. The newly raised capital will be used to build engineering and data science team.
30) Tauro Wealth founded by Harsh Vardhan Singh and Anand Vivek Srivastava: Stock market investments platform, Tauro Wealth, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from TracxnLabs and a few angel investors. Bangalore-based Tauro Wealth’s platform provides investors with innovative and reliable portfolio ideas, at low costs, for the Indian stock markets. The startup will use the newly raised fund towards building the web platform, and for hiring developers.
31) EduBridge founded by Girish Singhania: Skill development and vocational training startup, EduBridge, has raised $2.5 million in Series A round of funding led by Insitor Impact Asia Fund, and Acumen Fund. The raised capital will be used to strengthen their existing presence and to expand operations to Gujarat, Odisha, Jharkhand and Bihar.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.