How Cityfurnish is trying to revolutionize the furniture rental industry?
About Cityfurnish :
Founded in September 2015 by Neerav Jain, Gurgaon based Cityfurnish is an on-demand rental platform for renting furniture, furnishing and appliances. CityFurnish helps individuals and corporates furnish their homes or offices with furniture and appliances without the burden of heavy investment.
The startup provides a range of furniture and furnishing that includes sofa sets, beds, dining tables, and more. The startup aims to relieve the consumer from the pain of moving furniture and buying furniture for temporary and short-term requirement.
Why we chose Cityfurnish as Startup of the Week?
- All our products delivered to you are brand new.
- Cityfurnish team covers delivery, installation, pick up and drop the furniture without any additional charge.
- It offers furniture and furnishing packages at very affordable rates.
- 100% moneyback guarantee if you dont like our products.
- It gives high priority to customer delight and have designed user friendly interface to aid ease of ordering.
- All the items are carved out of high quality solid wood, chemically treated to shield furniture from termite.
- The electronic appliances displayed on website are tested, certified and inspected for their safety standards.
- Cityfurnish has transparent payment alternative: Payment using bank transfer, debit/credit cards, checks and COD.
- Monthly installment plans with flexible rental periods, and Lump sum payment and avail cash back and discounts.
- Over 4,781 Facebook fan followers grabbed organically within a year.
[su_box title=”More Startup of the Week From DSIM” box_color=”#c7c7c7″ title_color=”#000000″ radius=”5″]1) How RoomsTonite is changing the on-demand hotel scenario in the country through its last minute booking option?
Idea behind Cityfurnish :
The idea of CityFurnish originated way back when Neerav Jain was studying at Delhi University and had to move furniture to Delhi and shift back after his graduation.
He started working on CityFurnish in September 2015, and by September end, they were live in the market doing over 50 rentals. He also interned at Pepperfry to get a better understanding of the furniture market and space.
They started with a people of team of two – Neerav and his friend Saurabh Gupta started working from their flat in Gurgaon. They started building the team by pitching the idea and convincing people to join them. One of their first team members was Vikas, who had joined them from Pepperfry. Today, they are a team of 11 working across Delhi and Bengaluru.
The product portfolio includes solid wooden furniture with premium furnishings and branded appliances.
Business model :
Speaking on the monetisation model, Neerav told, “We work transparently by charging variable monthly rental according to rental tenure. A customer has to pay a booking amount upfront and monthly payment can be made by cash/cheque or card. We would be starting auto debit facility soon to ease the payment process too.”
The startup has raised an undisclosed amount of seed fund from Citrus Pay’s Co-Founder Jitendra Gupta. The company will utilize this funding for strengthening the team, improving product management and order fulfilment.
Present status and future plans:
The startup has already furnished 175 properties and in January 2016, it plans to furnish 200 more properties. Cityfurnish has aggressive expansion plans and about to launch in Bangalore market as well in first week of January, Pune, Mumbai, and Hyderabad will follow soon.
The company claims that it is growing 70-80% month on month and has made more than 10 partnerships with Industry partners like OYO and Grabhouse. It is also targeting startups through special office furnishing offers.
[su_box title=”More From DSIM” box_color=”#c7c7c7″ title_color=”#000000″ radius=”5″]1) An Interview with Ritu Malhotra, Founder of Renomania.com
Watch DSIM Trainees Celebrating Last Day of Batch