The new Outstream Video Ads won’t require placement within a YouTube video, unlike Trueview in-stream ads or Bumper ads.
Outstream video ads play automatically on mute when they appear on screen. A user can then tap the ad to unmute and restart the video from the beginning, or keep scrolling.
“Now, you can reach even more of your audience across the mobile web and apps with a video ad designed for the ways people read, play, swipe and scroll on mobile.”- Armen Mkrtchyan, Product Manager, Video Ads
To create your ad, you’ll need:
- YouTube video URL
- Logo image (Format: JPG, GIF, or PNG. Recommended aspect ratio: square of at least 200 x 200 pixels, transparent background)
- Landing page URL
How to Create an Outstream Campaign?
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Select Campaigns, and then click the plus button to create a new Video campaign.
- Select the Brand awareness and reach
- Select the Outstreamcampaign subtype.
- Enter your campaign a name, budget, and (optional) start and end dates.
- Create an ad group and enter your bid amount.
- Set your targeting details.
- Create your ad with a video, logo, headline, description, and final URL.
- (Optional) Select a thumbnail to appear before the video starts playing.
- Click Save and continue.
Advertisers are charged for outstream ads based on viewable cost-per-thousand impressions (vCPM). They will only pay if their ad is viewable.