1. Delhi based low-budget hotel chain ZO Rooms, has secured an undisclosed amount of funding led by Tiger Global, with participation from Orios Venture Partners. The company will use funding primarily for building a strong team and business expansion. At present, the company claims to have 400 hotels across 30 cities on its platform and have a growth of 6x over past 60 days.
2. Innoviti Payment Solutions has raised $5 million in a founding round from Narayana Murthy’s Catamaran Ventures and New India Investment Corporation, Canada, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gravitas Financial Inc. The company will use the new round of funding for scaling up operations in the Middle East and in hiring mid and senior level management.
3. Bangalore based startup ZenRadius, a hiring platform has raised an undisclosed amount in seed round funding led by TraxcnLabs and Deepak Singh, founder and director of Anzy Careers. The company will use the money to build what it claims to be a differentiated platform for networked hiring.
4. Delhi based Joy by nature; an online store owned by Pavitra Retail, selling natural and organic products has raised angel investment of $1 million from Contrarian Vriddhi Fund, Mumbai Angels, and a bunch of individual investors. The company will use this funding to build awareness around the portal, introduce private label brands, double its team size to 30, and strengthen the technology platform.
5. Mswipe, a Mumbai based merchant acquirer and mobile POS solutions provider has closed its Series C round of funding of $25 million with the participation of new investors Falcon Edge Capital, Ola Cabs and Meru Capital as well as existing investors Matrix Partners India, Axis Bank and DSG Consumer Partners. The company will use the funds to further accelerate its aggressive growth and customer success.
6. Bangalore based IQLECT, which operates in big data and analytics space has raised $2 million in a round from Exfinity Venture Partners. This is Exfinity Venture’s first investment in the analytics space. The fresh funds will be used in rapid expansion.
7. Backed up by Sachin Tendulkar, Universal Sportsbiz Pvt Ltd, the celebrity fashion lines company has secured $7.5 million from its existing investor Accel Partners in a second round of funding. The present round of investment will be used to accelerate USPL’s growth plans. It plans to expand the network presence from 30 stores to over 75 stores for Imara and from 38 stores to 70 stores for Wrogn.
8. Flipkart has teamed up with its largest investor Tiger Global to invest $12 million series B funding in Bengaluru based online home rentals firm, NestAway. The company will use the latest round of funding to expand to more cities and improve its technology platform.
9. deGustibus Hospitality has raises $30 million from India Value Fund Advisors for undisclosed stake value. The funds will be used for expansion by adding more outlets of the current brands and penetrate new market segments by introducing new concepts.
10. Ahmedabad based E-grocery startup Myonsto has raised $315 K in angel funding from Oswal Industries’ Director Jayant Bokadia. The company will use the funds in upgrading technology and for expansion in Gujarat. Launched in March, Myonsto offers about 7,000 products across grocery, fruits, vegetables, beverages and personal care.
11. Location-based casual dating app iCrushiFlush has raised an undisclosed amount in a pre-Series A investment from IDG Ventures. The raised funds will be used for enhancing the product and marketing it. iCrushiFlush is now amongst the Top 15 Free Social Apps in India and has managed to get around 5 lakh downloads and is witnessing a 25% M-o-M growth.
12. MedGenome, a provider of clinical genomics solutions for personalized healthcare, has raised $20 million from Sequoia Capital in Series B round of funding. With the current round of funding, the company is valued at around $70-80 million. The fresh round of funding will be used to widen its range of genetic tests, expand laboratory facilities in India and the US and collaborate with a larger number of hospitals/clinics and genomic research institutions in India.
13. Travel portal HolidayIQ has raised $15 million in funding from MakeMyTrip, with the latter picking up a minority stake of 28% in HolidayIQ. The fresh funding will be used for strengthening content and mobile and technology offerings.
14. Mumbai based online marketplace and discovery platform for gyms, health clubs, fitness and yoga centres, Fitternity, has secured its first institutional investment of $1 million from startup fund Exfinity Venture Partners, promoted by IT industry veterans such as TV Mohandas Pai. The company will utilize the funds to expand its footprint to new cities, meeting operations and marketing expenses and towards enhancing its technological offerings along with furbishing the mobile app.
15. Online classifieds major Quikr has raised $60 million in late round in which existing Swedish investor Kinnevik and two new investors hedge fund Falcon Edge and Coatue Management participated, valuing it at $1 billion.
16. Marketplace for private jet, helicopters and air ambulance, JetSetGo, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Yuvraj Singh’s startup fund YouWeCan Ventures. The company will use funds for improving service and marketing.
17. Mumbaibased early stage venture capital firm Orios Venture Partner has raised $150 millionof fund raise from several institutional investors including, marquee domestic family offices and HNIs.The raised fund will be invested in various software and technology based startups.
18. Gurgaon based BroEx, a network of real estate brokers, has raised $1 million in early stage financing from Lightspeed India.The company is currently in active use by 25,000 brokers across all major metros such as Delhi-NCR, Mumbai and Bangalore, as well as other centres such as Pune, Ahmedabad and Jaipur. The company will use theraised fund inproduct development and expansion to all Tier I, Tier II and Tier III cities in India.
19. Delhi based shopping portal Shopatplaces offering ethnic wear and other lifestyle products, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Indian Angel Network.The company will use the funds to improve marketing and for rolling out an app.It will also insert the personal care category and cover all 29 states for its product portfolio by August.