1. Mobile growth hacking startup, AppVirality, has raised $500K in seed funding from its existing investors and new angels. With this investment, the company plans to focus on product innovation and customer satisfaction, and increase the team size from 12 to 25 in next 12 months.
2. A skill training startup, iSTAR Skill Development, has raised about $1.5 million in Series A round of funding led by Michael & Susan Dell Foundation and existing investor Unitus Seed Fund. The startup plans to utilize the funds to expand their college footprint across 10 states, for investment in technology and e-learning platforms and to build new content.
3. The beauty and wellness services marketplace startup, BigStylist.com, has raised $1 million in pre-Series A round of funding from Info Edge.
4. Zilingo, an app that connects sellers and customers across Bangkok, has raised $1.88 million in seed funding from Sequoia India, BEENEXT Ventures and the founders of FreeCharge – Kunal Shah & Sandeep Tandon. The funds will be utilized by Zilingo to expand its operations to Singapore and Indonesia in the next six months.
5. A technology enabled home services apprentice platform, MyDidi, has raised $150K in seed funding from Jozef Bardik, Leo Wang and Sangeet Ram. The startup plans to use the secured funds to scale its vendor base, and work further on its marketing efforts to expand reach across Mumbai.
6. Mumbai based Skoov Technologies Pvt Ltd, the company behind the six month-old ecommerce product search engine Skoov.com, has received $150K from an undisclosed investor. The company has plans to launch a technology product for search optimization and expand its presence in product search.
7. Mumbai based ready-to-cook food startup, Chef’s Basket, has raised $6 million in series A round of funding from SAIF Partners and Haresh Chawla, an angel investor partner in India Value Fund Advisor. Chawla had participated in this round in his personal capacity. With the raised funds, the startup plans to expand its range of products and add new distribution channels.
8. A licensed product customization platform startup, Gingercrush, has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from TV Mohandas Pai’s family office. With this, Pai will mentor the founding team and senior management to strengthen the organizational leadership and set the company up for strong and responsible growth.
9. Ecommerce platform for branded food products, Delight Foods, has raised about $600K in its second round of funding from an HNI family office represented by LN Sadani of Lensbridge Capital in Singapore and existing investors Mape Advisory Group and Fireside Ventures. The company will utilize the funding to invest in marketing and brand building activities, increase product categories, improve infrastructure at the packing centers and strengthen the team at all levels.
10. Tech platform for fashion community, 6Degree, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Centre for Incubation & Business Acceleration (CIBA), Goa. According to the founding members, CIBA has initiated the funding with an overall target of $1 million which is likely to be closed in the next few months.
11. An online platform for auto insurance, RenewBuy, has raised $500 K in an angel round of funding led by Mount Nathan Advisors Pte Ltd, a Singapore-based principal investment and advisory firm. The funds will be used to develop its product and upgrade its technology platform.
12. Hyperlocal logistics service provider, Grab, has raised an undisclosed amount from consumer centric venture fund Sixth Sense Ventures. Sixth sense has added Grab as the fourth portfolio firm for its maiden fund.
13. The Chennai Angels (TCA) invested an undisclosed amount in Hyderabad based Octathorpe Web-Consultants Pvt. Ltd., known for its flagship product, Hitwicket, a Cricket management game. The startup is in the process of generating funds through app purchases.
14. Gurgaon based cashback & coupons portal, CashKaro, has raised $3.7 million in Series A round of funding led by venture capital firm Kalaari Capital. The company had earlier raised $750K in 2013 in angel funding from London-based investors from companies like Paypal, Investec, Goldman Sachs etc. Cashkaro will utilize the funds raised to expand globally and to upgrade technology.