Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:27 pm
New Delhi Based Startups:
1) Moglix founded by Rahul Garg: A global marketplace for business and industrial supplies, Moglix, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Tata Sons chairman Ratan Tata. This is Tata’s sixth investment this year.
2) IStyleYou founded by Pallav Modi, Amit Kejriwal, and Vinayak Khanijo: Gurgaon based startup IStyleYou, a mobile fashion platform that provides personalized styling services to the users, raised $100K from GHV. With the raised capital, the startup wants to strengthen its technology to be able to provide an immersive experience to the user’s interaction with their stylist and refine their recommendations.
3) AdUrCup founded by Abhishek Verma, Harshit Mittal, Kumar Kushang and Nitin Prakash: AdUrCup, a startup operated by Adcount Technologies Pvt Ltd, has raised $100K in a seed round of funding as it joins the accelerator. Sameer Grover, founder of Crownit, will be mentoring the startup. AdUrCup, is an affiliate offline advertising network targeted at the Food & Beverages Industry. AdUrCup will use the money to develop technology and for further expansion.
4) Invictus Oncology founded by Shiladitya Sengupta and Raghunath Mashelkar: Cancer therapeutic startup, Invictus Oncology, has received an undisclosed amount of funding from Tata Sons chairman Ratan Tata in Series A round of funding. With this, Tata will join the existing investors Navam Capital and TV Mohandas Pai’s Aarin Capital.
5) Inc42 founded by Vaibhav Vardhan, Utkarsh Agarwal and Pooja Sareen: A definitive digital media guide for new age entrepreneurs, Inc42, has raised an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round of funding from 42 well known investors which include institutional funds like Unicorn India Fund and Aarin Capital along with angel groups/funds such as Singapore Angel Network, M&S Partners, Pranav Pai, Arihant Patni, Anirudh Damani, Anand Ladsariya and entrepreneurs like Chandu Sohoni, Kunal Shah and Sandeep Tandon, Mohit Saxena & Amit Gupta, Deepak Ravindran, Salil Chaturvedi and Dewang Neralla. The startup plans to expand its reach to wider audience.
6) GlamStudios founded by Sadiya Naseem: An online aggregator of budget salons, GlamStudios, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from former Rategain COO Aqeel Ahmed. It will use the raised capital in reaching out to around 5,000 customers, and create a network of 30 salons within the next three months.
7) Stylofie founded by Prateek Agarwal and Saurav Dey: Beauty and wellness services marketplace startup, Stylofie, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Jaideep Mehta. With this, Mehta will join Stylofie’s board of directors.
8) OyBob : An online marketplace, a vendor central for local services and on-demand deliveries, has raised angel funding from Sachin Dalal, ex Co-founder of Infibeam.com. The startup is currently serving in Delhi and NCR and has been working on customer and vendor feedback. The startup plans to add more organized vendors and services for Delhi/NCR and increase app adoption and further funding rounds will be used to replicate service offering in other cities.
9) Bonhomia founded by Kunal Bhagat and Tuhin Jain: Indulge Beverages, maker of premium tea and coffee capsules under brand Bonhomia, has raised $1 million in angel funding from HNI’s lead by Alok Rawat. Besides, Neeta Mirchandani from Kae Capital and Kanwaljit Singh, the founder of Fireside Ventures also participated in this round among others. It will use the raised capital to expand its retail presence in the country.
10) Legistify founded by Akshat Singhal: Delhi-based online legal services platform, Legistify, has raised an undisclosed amount in a seed funding round led by Ranjit Singh, and few other angel investors. The raised funds would be used in product development, strengthening the team, marketing, and collaborations.
11) Avanti Learning founded by Akshay Saxena: Test prep startup Avanti Learning Centres secured $4.8 million in the third round of funding led by the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation along with Asha Impact and existing co-investors Ted Dintersmith and Pearson Affordable Learning Fund (PALF). It plans to use the funds to expand to 400 centres with a capacity to serve 50,000 students across India and continue their curriculum and technology development.
Bangalore Based Startups:
12) Hansel.io founded by Mudit Krishna Mathur, Varun Ramamurthy Dinakar and Parminder Singh: Hansel.io has raised an undisclosed amount of funding through TracxnSynidcate, led by Endiya Partners. The round also saw participation from Tracxn Labs and angel investors Mekin Maheshwari and Rajesh Sawhney among others.
13) Affimity founded by Parveen Mittal, Amar Singh and Ramana Venkata: Social networking startup, Affimity, has raised $1.2 million in angel funding from Silicon Valley-based angel investors and founders. The raised funds will be utilized to further expand its services in India and abroad, and also to strengthen its team.
14) JoulestoWatts founded by Priti Sawant: Staffing solutions startup, JoulestoWatts, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding in pre-series A round of funding from Saha Fund and Manipal Global Education Services Ltd. It will use the raised capital for team expansion, ramp up its technology and scale up to a global platform.
15) ActonMagic founded by Sumathi Kuppusamy and Madan Ganesh Velayudham: Cloud management startup, ActOnMagic, has raised $124K in a seed funding led by NetMagic’s co-founder Jayabalan Subramanian. It will use the raised capital to scale its product engineering team and sales efforts in India.
Mumbai Based Startups:
16) Weddingz.in founded by Sandeep Lodha: An online marketplace for wedding venues and vendors, Weddingz, has raised an undisclosed amount in its pre-Series A round of funding from consumer-focused venture capital firm Sixth Sense Ventures. It will use the raised capital for development towards its technology & automation and team expansion.
17) Gray Routes founded by Soubhagya Sahoo and Sapna Patel: Last mile logistics technology solution provider startup, Gray Routes Technology Pvt. Ltd has raised an undisclosed amount in the second round of angel funding from Mahesh Parasuraman, Rahul Gautam, and a group of other angels from The Carlyle Group. The startup will use the fund for international patent protection, developing world-class data analytics capabilities as well as domestic expansion.
18) GOQii founded by Vishal Gondal: GOQii will raise an undisclosed amount of funding from the venture capital arm of Edelweiss. The investment will come at a valuation of INR 300-400 Cr.
19) Capzest founded by Rohan Adlakha and Sayantan Sarkar: Peer-to-peer lending fintech startup, Capzest, has raised $200K in a seed round of funding from Lion Ventures and other HNI’s. It has partnered with banks and NBFCs to provide personal loans and business loans to SMEs.
20) igrenEnergi founded by Jiten Apte and Prof Sujit Dey: A technology innovator focused on improving the economics of solar and electric vehicles, igrenEnergi, has received additional funding from Sunil Mehta, an active New York area angel. Their first product, 8-panel solar optimizer is scheduled for commercial launch sometime in early 2016. The raised capital will be used to support progress towards the launch.
21) RKSV founded by Shrinivas Viswanath, Ravi Kumar and Raghu Kumar: Kalaari Capital led $4 million in an angel round of funding in online brokerage and trading company RKSV Securities. The round also saw participation from GVK Davix Technologies and other investors.
Pune Based Startup:
22) Xpressbees founded by Amitava Saha: Ecommerce logistics firm, Xpressbees, has raised $8 million in private equity round of funding from SAIF Partners and Vertex Ventures, the venture arm of Singapore government’s investment fund Temasek. The startup is also the logistics support provider for online babycare retailer FirstCry.
23) Anandakanda founded by Vaibhav Kulkarni: A Pune based technology startup which is into is into medicine intake reminder system or MIRS product, e-prescriptions and medical records has raised $150K from US based angel investors. The company currently has operations in in India and Sri Lanka and is expanding into Africa in the next three months after the fundraising.
Jaipur Based Startup:
24) Urban Dhobi founded by Satyam Mishra, Prakhar Pagaria, Tushar Thettayil and Saransh Sidhu: On demand laundry startup, Urban Dhobi, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from angel investors Vinod Bansal and Sanjeev Singhal. The startup will use the newly raised capital to hire experts in different domains and for expansion in 5 more cities including Kota, Pune, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Chandigarh.
Indore Based Startup:
25) ShopKirana founded by Tanutejas Saraswat, Deepak Dhanotiya, and Sumit Ghorawat: ShopKirana has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Samsung’s Atul Jain and Anil Gelra (Hold-chef founder), Jaikumar Nair (Senior VP of Mondelez) and few other FMCG veterans also participated in this round. It will invest the funds for technology upgradation.