Consumer Internet Industry
1) SillyMonks founded by Sanjay Reddy and Anil Pallala: Hyderabad-based digital and entertainment startup SillyMonks has raised around $448K from high-net-worth individual Sreenivasa Reddy Musani. The startup plans to use the funds to launch six web series properties on its YouTube channel SILLY TUBE.
2) Cookifi founded byAjay Modani, Prachi Modani and Harsh Singla: Chef and cook hiring platform Cookfi raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Kunal Shah, Aneesh Reddy, Venkat Tadanki, Krishna Mehra, Amit Rathore and other angels through TracxnSyndicate.
3) KrazyBee founded by Madhusudan E and Wan Hong: This Bangalore-based startup has raised $2 Million seed funding from Chinese micro-loan/ecommerce player Fenqile (a micro-loan site) and Chinese mobile ad network YeahMobi. The startup is a mobile and network company while Fenqile runs a shopping site where college students can borrow money to buy things.
4) GreyCampus founded by Vijay Pasupaleti: GreyCampus secured $1 Mn in angel funding from Sarath Sura, co-founder of Sierra Atlantic. The funds will be used for digital marketing, technology enhancement, course development and hiring.
5) MySeniorDoctor founded by Hema Agnihotri: An online medical support platform, has raised $200,000 in angel funding from Dubai-based angel investor group BlackJag Partners, the company said in a press note. The company which help the patients to reach senior consultants anywhere in the globe, has also launched electronic medical record (EMR), through which patient records will be made available online to them for easy access and use.
6) PayTunes founded by Divya Pratap Singh, Gaurav Tiwari and Amit N. Naredi: Mobile ad platform PayTunes raised close to $500K in its Pre Series A round of funding led by CIO Angel Network and Indian Angel Network (IAN). Vishal Khare and Rajeev Arora have led this round of investment on behalf of IAN and will join the company board to mentor the team. The company plans to utilise the investment for expanding the team and hiring talent.
7) Shopwati founded by Ankit Bajaj: An online fashion community Shopwati raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Sanjiv Rai of SRKK Advisors. The startup plans to utilise the raised capital to fund its next phase of technology development and reach out to customers & vendors in cities outside Delhi.
8) Helpshift founded by Abinash Tripathy and Baishampayan Ghose: The Customer support platform Helpshift has closed a $23 million Series B funding with participation from new investors, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures and all previously existing investors, including Intel Capital, Nexus Venture Partners, True Ventures and Visionnaire Ventures. Started in 2010 from Pune, Helpshift is now helping many global companies to engage their customers with their apps.
9) EPaylater founded by Aurko Bhattacharya, Prasannaa Muralidharan, Uday Somayajula, Shanmuhanathan Thiagaraja and Saxena: Financial technology startup ePaylater which is the brainchild of Mumbai-based Arthashastra Fintech Pvt. Ltd, has raised $2 million in a seed round of funding from three high-net-worth individuals. ePaylater was founded in December 2015. The company gives customers the option to ‘buy now and pay later’ on online portals with just one click.
10) CreditVidya founded by Abhishek Agarwal and Rajiv Raj: This financial technology start-up that leverages non-traditional data sources to provide credit scores to individuals has raised $2 million from venture capital fund Kalaari Capital. Additionally, the three year-old, Mumbai-based startup has received Rs 1 crore from Paragon Partners Managing Partner, Siddharth Parekh , an early backer of the venture in his personal capacity, as well as from a clutch of employees.
11) 6Degree founded by Nikhil Hegde and Amit Bhardwaj: Fashion talent and tech startup 6Degree raised $200K seed funding from Indian Angel Network. The investment was led by Abhishek Agarwal, who will be joining the company’s board. The raised funds will be utilized in technology enhancement and in expanding the portal’s reach. There are also plans to launch enterprise solutions for Fashion Weeks and expand its fashion services.
12) Kickstart Jobs founded by Samriddhi Malhotra and Abhishek Srivastava: Entry-level talent acquisition startup Kickstart Jobs raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding round led by ah! Ventures. The round also saw participation from Vivek Joshi – Founder, Wyzen Tech; Mohit Satyanand – Chairman, Team Works Art; Amit Banati – President (Asia Pacific), Kellogg’s; Arun Khanna – President (Asia), Dun and Bradstreet and a few others.
13) MadRat Games founded by Rajat Dhariwal and Madhumita Halder: The wearable gaming platform MadRat Games raised fresh funds from investors including Ratan Tata, Bhavish Aggarwal, Ankit Bhati, Binny Bansal, and Girish Mathrubootham. The startup has also launched the prototype of SuperSuit for which it has now opened the early bird registrations.
E Commerce Industry
14) Storeking founded by Sridhar Gundaiah: Bangalore-based StoreKing, an e-commerce startup that helps retailers to sell products in small towns has raised $16 million in funding from Axiata Digital, a subsidiary of Axiata Group Berhad. This is Axiata’s first investment in Indian markets. StoreKing is an assisted rural commerce startup, run by LocalCube Commerce, ties up with retail store owners in small towns to provide self-service shopping experience to rural shoppers via its digital kiosks.
15) Kyazoonga founded by Neetu Bhatia & Akash Bhatia: Mumbai-based e-ticketing startup Kyazoonga had raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Ratan Tata, Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons. The startup is latest to join industrialist and angel investor Ratan Tata’s rapidly growing portfolio of startups this being his 12th commitment into the still on-going year.
16) ListUp founded by Sumit Gupta, Pulkit Gupta and Saurabh Jain: P2P marketplace ListUp raised $500K (INR 3.3 Cr) in its seed round of funding led by Kae Capital, along with participation of Kunal Shah and Sandeep Tandon. Sasha Mirchandani of Kae Capital will be joining the board with this round. The startup will use the proceeds to build technology for connecting relevant buyers & sellers with personalised feed using data, product enhancements, and creating network density in the target markets.
17) Teabox founded by Kaushal Dugar: Online premium tea seller Teabox raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Cameron Jones. Concurrently, Teabox has also raised venture debt from DBS Bank Limited (“DBS”), SouthEast Asia’s financial services company.
19) CueMath founded by Manan Khurma: This NCR-based edu-tech firm ompany has raised funds worth $4 million from Sequoia Capital and Unitus Seed Fund as part of its Series A funding. The self-learning platform aims to monetize the after-school teaching market. The company plans to use the funds to increase the reach of the platform and get close to their ultimate aim of reaching 25,000 teachers and 50,000 students in the next two years. Currently, it has 1,200 teachers on its rolls.
Real Estate Industry
20) Wired Hub founded by Himanshi Goyal, Pawas Jain & Deepanshu Khandelwal: Co-working Space WiredHub raised an undisclosed amount of funding in a seed round led by angel investors Ankit Maheshwari and Anand Singh. Both investors will have an advisory role for the Business Development and expansion of Wired Hub, and Ankit Maheshwari will be joining the board.