Consumer Internet Industry
1) Hippo Video founded by Karthi Mariappan S, Nilam Chand Jain and Srinivasan Santhanakrishnan: Online video-as-a-service (VaaS) platform Hippo Video secured an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A round of funding led by Kae Capital. The freshly secured funding will be used to expand the startup’s present operations to Europe, apart from India and the US.
2) Workflexi founded by Geetha Prabhu: The Bengaluru-based online platform for contingent workforce raised $157K in Seed funding led by Kamalraj Chandrasekaran, Executive Director, Kamalraj Hospitality Concepts India Pvt Ltd and also saw the participation of Parashiva J Ravikumar, Director, Orva Networks Pvt Ltd. The funds will be utilized for product development, team expansion and execution of marketing activities.
3) Kuants founded by Ayush Gangwar and Mohit Bansal: New Delhi-based algorithmic trading platform Kuants secured $786K led by angel investors – Pankaj Chopra and Ankush Gupta at a valuation of $1.03 million. The new funds will be used to build up the GUI-based online stock market simulator, and acquiring high-end servers required for multi-core processing.
4) Bikxie founded by Mohit Sharma, Divya Kalia and Dennis Ching: New Delhi-based bike taxi startup Bikxie raised $314K from GEMs Partners and Sachin Khandelwal, ex-Honda Cars and ICICI Bank Vehicle Loans Head in a new round of funding. The funds received from this round will be deployed in upgrading technology and infrastructure, pushing internal growth, partnership, and expansion of operations to other cities.
5) Satvacart founded by Deepika Saxena and Rahul Hari: Online grocery store Satvacart secured an undisclosed sum in Pre-Series A round of funding led by Keshu Dubey, the founder of startup database platform Xeler8 and Shishir Kumar, a former top executive at security solutions firm Symantec India.
6) Simulanis founded by Raman Talwar: Delhi-based virtual reality startup Simulanis raised $500K in a Pre-Series A round of funding led by Education Catalyst Fund. The startup primarily offered skilling programme for engineering students via computer-based modules.
7) Kinsane founded by Ashok Kunder, Kurt Inderbitzin, and Neeraj Bhargava: Global digital entertainment company Kinsane Entertainment Inc raised $2.5 million funding led by an undisclosed consortium of angel investors. Kinsane Entertainment Inc. is a US-based corporation which works in India through its subsidiary, Kinsane Digital LLP. With the new funding round, the startup plans to launch over eight new shows and 100 games featuring 30 new and compelling characters over the next 12 months. The core target markets for their content are the US, Europe, India, Brazil, and China.
8) NiYO Solutions founded by Vinay Bagri and Virender Bisht: The Bengaluru-based fintech startup NiYO Solutions secured $13.2 million in Series A funding led by Social Capital, JS Capital LLC, Horizons Ventures and existing investor Prime Venture Partners. The new funds will allow NiYO Solutions to expand its presence across tier II and tier III cities.
9) Moneytor founded by Anubhav Singh and Ayush Srivastava: Mumbai-based stressed receivables management startup Moneytor secured an undisclosed amount of Seed funding led by 500 Startups and fintech accelerator ISME ACE. The round also saw the participation of a few angel investors including Satyen Kothari, founder and CEO of Cube Consumer Services and former executives of Dun & Bradstreet. With this funding, the startup is looking to automate and digitize all the processes related to debt collection, post a consumer or organization defaulting on their loans.
10) Lendingkart founded by Harshvardhan Lunia and Mukul Sachan: Ahmedabad-based SME lending startup Lendingkart raised $4.7 million in a debt funding round led by a Dutch development bank – Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. (FMO). This new arrival of debt funds will be deployed towards growing the loan book and expanding the reach of Lendingkart Finance across SME industries in different parts of the country.
11) ToneTag founded by Kumar Abhishek and Vivek Singh: Offline, proximity-based mobile payments solutions startup ToneTag raised $1.3 million funding from the overseas investor, Tropical Star Limited. With the freshly secured funding, the startup is likely to gear up to capture the relatively untapped NFC-based mobile payments market in India.
12) IndianMoney founded by Sudheer CS: Bengaluru-based financial advisory startup IndianMoney raised $3 million in a Series A round of funding from SRI Capital. The round also saw the participation of existing angel investor Hyderabad Angels. With this funding, IndianMoney is looking to scale up operations and increase its user base. More specifically, the company plans to use the newly-secured funding from SRI Capital and the existing backers to increase its capacity to 100K phone calls every day.
13) KivaShots founded by Shalabh Gupta: Gurugram-based ayurvedic healthcare beverages Indian startup KivaShots raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by Max Life Insurance CEO Rajesh Sud, Max Healthcare MD Rajit Mehta, Ward Ferry Management chief information officer Vineet Mitera, MindTickle cofounder Mohit Garg, Zomato cofounder Pankaj Chaddha and Startup Buddy cofounder Amit Singal.
14) Daaki founded by Amit Dabas: Bengaluru-based Indian sports nutrition brand Daaki secured an undisclosed amount in an angel funding round led by Rohan Agila, Business Partner and Capvent Advisors. The funds secured will be deployed in research and product development, in order to provide nutrition to athletes beyond existing standards. They will be leveraged to establish the upcoming brand as a promising business entity as well as help in expanding its all-new supplement product line.
15) SalesPro founded by Abhinav Sharma and Kejal Haria: Bengaluru-based SalesPro secured an undisclosed amount of funding led by a Silicon Valley-based VC firm 37.37 North Capital. With this funding, SalesPro targets to accelerate its market expansion into North America and India.