Consumer Internet Industry
1) ImpactGuru founded by Piyush Jain and Khushboo Jain: Mumbai-based Non-profit crowdfunding startup ImpactGuru secured $2 million in Series-A round of funding from Apollo Hospitals Group and Venture Catalysts. The startup plans to deploy the capital to scale crowdfunding in India by ramping up sales and marketing as well as by developing its technology platform.
2) Edyoo founder Rakshit Kejriwal: Bengaluru-based e-commerce startup Edyoo secured $1 million in pre-Series A round of funding led by RS Shanbag, chairman and managing director of the diversified Valuepoint Group. The startup plans to deploy the funding for product development, technology, marketing, and to expand its team and areas of operation.
3) Milkbasket founded by Anurag Jain, Ashish Goel, Ekwe Chiwundu Charles and Yatish Talavdia: Gurugram-based micro delivery startup Milkbasket raised $7 million in Series A funding from Kalaari Capital with participation from the Singapore-based BeeNext. The startup plans to utilize the funding to bring productivities in its supply chain, last-mile logistics, and to expand into other geographies.
4) Arzooo.com founded by Khushnud Khan and Rishi Raj Rathore: Bengaluru-based reverse auction e-commerce platform Arzooo.com secured $221.19K in an angel round of funding from Omphalos Ventures India. The startup plans to further develop their technology, and expand its operations to the top-ten Indian cities.
5) Mobisy founded by Lalit Bhise: Bengaluru-based SaaS startup Mobisy raised a second round of venture capital funding of $3.5 million led by SIDBI Venture Capital Limited (SVCL). The startup plans to use the funding to reinforce its R&D and power expansion plans through a strengthened sales and marketing push.
6) BetterPlace founded by Pravin Agarwala: Bengaluru-based BetterPlace, an HRtech startup for the blue-collar workforce, raised $3 million in a Series A funding round from 3one4 Capital. With the funding, the startup plans to add new solutions and expand to new verticals such as skilling, compliance, and fintech services in order to consolidate its position as a single platform for the semi-formal workforce in the country.
7) DheeYantra founded by Sreekumar Jairaj aand Vidhu Bennie: Bengaluru-based conversational chatbot startup DheeYantra secured an undisclosed amount of seed investment from CIIE Initiatives, Gopal Krishna and Vijay Kedia. The startup plans to use the funding to strengthen its sales, marketing, and also feature additions like support for more vernacular languages being used in India and the global market.
8) Cashkumar founded by Dhiren Makhija, Kannan Kandappan and Yogesh Joshi: Bengaluru-based P2P lending platform Cashkumar secured $737.33K pre-series A round of funding. The startup plans to utilize the funds to meet regulatory norms, start paid marketing campaigns and expand operations from the current 6 to 20 cities.
9) Smartivity Labs founded by Apoorv Gupta, Ashwini Kumar, Ashwini Kumar, Rajat Jain, Rajat Jain and Tushar A Amin: Delhi-based edtech startup Smartivity Labs raised $2 million led by small- and mid-cap stock picker Ashish Kacholia. The startup plans to use the funds to scale its operations into international geographies, among others.
10) Cure.Fit founded by Ankit Nagori and Mukesh Bansal: Bengaluru-based fitness startup Cure.Fit raised $878.2K led by Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan. In August 2017, Cure.Fit had signed on Hrithik Roshan as its brand ambassador.
11) NewsDog founded by Chen Yukun and Yi Ma: Content aggregator NewsDog raised $50 million in Series C round led by Tencent, in participation with DHVC, Legend Capital, and Dotc United Group. The company plans to use the funding to follow its vision of empowering individuals and professional content creators to showcase their work and reach digital readers in large numbers.
12) Rocketium founded by Anurag Dwivedi and Satej Sirur: Bengaluru-based web-based video creation startup Rocketium raised $294.94K led by Blume Ventures and angel investors. The startup plans to use the funding to expand its global footprint by hiring sales and marketing talent and building a Machine Intelligence team to further automate the video creation process.
Food & Beverages Industry
14) Raw Pressery founded by Anuj Rakyan: Mumbai-based organic juice startup Raw Pressery secured $9.55 million in funding from its existing investors such as Sequoia Capital, Saama Capital and DSG Consumer Partners. With the funding, the company plans to expand its footprint to Southeast Asia and also support its distribution and supply chain as it looks to scale up new offerings.
15) PLiNG founded by Andrine Mendez: Kochi-based FMCG startup, PLiNG Foods & Beverages raised $191.69K in equity funding. The startup is in talks with distribution partners to speed up their retail presence and is also investing in its R&D.