Consumer Internet Industry
1) Bombay Shaving Company founded by Shantanu Deshpande, Raunak Munot, Deepu Panicker, and Rohit Jaiswal: Delhi-based men’s grooming startup Bombay Shaving Company secured an undisclosed amount in Series A funding from new investors such as Colgate-Palmolive Asia Pacific Limited, and existing investors including Fireside Ventures. The startup plans to use the funds to invest in brand building, product development, and expanding its capabilities in technology and sales.
2) Revv founded by Anupam Agarwal and Karan Jain: Gurugram-based self-drive car rental startup Revv raised a funding of $14 million in a Series B funding round from Hyundai Motors. Existing investors including Edelweiss and Beenext, and some new investors including Dream Incubator, Sunjay Kapoor of Sona BLW and Telama Investment also participated in this funding round. The startup plans to deploy the capitals to expand its product offerings for both long-duration and on-demand use cases, reinforce its technology team, and build brand awareness.
3) Cygni Energy founded by Venkat Rajaraman: Hyderabad-based innovative solar-dc solutions startup Cygni Energy raised $6.4 million equity funding from Endiya Partners and the debt funding from Indusland Bank. The startup plans to utilize the raised funds in expanding capacity, strengthening R&D capabilities, and increasing market reach.
4) Hush founded by Ashutosh Dabral and Umesh Joshi: Workplace discussion platform Hush secured an undisclosed amount in a seed funding from Accel, Sanjay Nadkarni, and other Angel investors. The startup plans to use the capitals to advance their mobile and web platforms with new and advanced features. It will also be deploying funds to develop the team, expand to various metro cities in the country, and improve upon existing technology.
5) Finzy founded by Abhinandan Sangam, Amit More and Vishwas Dixit: Bengaluru-based P2P lending platform Finzy raised $1 million in prolongation of its previous Pre-Series A Round of funding from senior professionals from BFSI, and successful entrepreneurs. The startup plans to deploy the raised funds for geographical expansion, technology enhancement, and stronger distribution networks.
6) InstaCash founded by Prateek Goel: Jaipur-based re-commerce platform InstaCash raised an undisclosed amount in a fresh funding led by Singapore-based CompAsia. The startup plans to use the funds to scale its business in India and expand its presence in international markets like Southeast Asia and East Asia.
7) Sensibull founded by Hassan, Abhimanyu Ambalath, Balajee Ramachandran and Sudeep MP: Bengaluru-based options trading platform Sensibull raised $3.5 million led by Rainmatter. The startup works with an aim to make small traders profitable, super simplify option trading for all by cutting through all the math and technical and create a different avenue for wealth management for high-income crowd.
8) Imarticus Learning founded by Nikhil Barshikar: Mumbai-based professional education platform Imarticus Learning secured $2 million in a Series B funding round from education-focused venture capital fund, CBA Capital. The platform plans to deploy the funds to expand its operations in the international markets.
9) University Living founded by Saurabh Arora: Delhi-based global student housing marketplace University Living secured an undisclosed amount in a Pre-Series funding round from IAN and LetsVenture. Ishan Singh, Bikky Khosla & Nitin Singhal along with Manipal Group and Sunil Kant Munjal, Chairman, Hero Enterprise also participated in this funding roundup. The startup plans to utilize the funds in technology, market expansion and recruitment and build a pipeline of new projects for supply in the Indian subcontinent and the Asia Pacific region.
10) MedCords founded by Nikhil Baheti, Saida Dhanavath and Shreyans Mehta: Kota-based healthcare startup raised an undisclosed amount led by WaterBridge Ventures and Infoedge. The startup plans to utilize the funds to expand the team, further develop the technology platform and to expand the scope of operations to new geographies.
Food & Beverage Industry
11) Sattviko founded by Prasoon Gupta and Ankush Sharma: Delhi-based healthy and pure food startup Sattviko raised an undisclosed amount of strategic funding from marquee investors from Ashish Gupta, an angel investor and founder of Helion Venture. Other investors include Sunil Chandiramani- Former India Head, Ernst & Young Advisory, and others senior private equity professionals. The startup plans to use the funds to expand into US, UK, and the Middle East.
12) Raw Pressery founded by Anuj Rakyan: Mumbai-based organic juice startup Raw Pressery secured $4.8 million across equity and venture debt from venture debt firm Alteria Capital. The startup plans to use the capitals to scale its new categories including nut milk, soups, and probiotic dairy products. It is also looking to expand its distribution in India as well as in international markets such as the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
13) Wovoyage founded by Rashmi Chadha: New Delhi-based women-centric travel startup Wovoyage secured seed funding led by Shabir Momin and Rohit Nanda. The startup plans to use the capitals to scale up the services and products offered to a wider market by building a tech-enabled ecosystem including booking services, search and planning platforms, on-demand travel, and recommendation sales.