Consumer Internet Industry
1) Inclov founded by Kalyani Khona and Shankar Srinivasan: Inclov, a matchmaking app for people with disability and health disorders secured an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A round of funding. The funding round of Indian startup saw participation from angel investors Rajan Anandan, Jamil Khatri, Ravi Iyer, Debjani Ghosh and Quintillion Media’s founder Raghav Bahl. The startup will utilize the funds towards product development and geographical expansion in the coming years.
2) Multibashi founded by Devendra Agarwal, Anuradha Agarwal and Aadesh Jain: Jaipur and Bengaluru-based language learning startup Multibashi secured an undisclosed amount of an angel funding from angel investor Aniruddha Malpani and Startup Oasis. The Indian startup will spend the funding to strengthen its team, scale up the core technology and add new courses.
3) Vogo Automotive founded by Anand Ayyadurai, Padmanabhan Balakrishnan and Sanchit Mittal: Bengaluru based scooter rental startup Vogo Automotive secured an undisclosed amount in a Seed funding round from Murugappa Group. Formula One racer Karan Chandhok, A. V. Thomas Group, Thiagaraja Group and a group of other investors also participated in the round. The startup will use the capital for building its automated technology platform, expanding the technology team and for marketing.
4) Synup founded by Ashwin Ramesh: Digital marketing solutions startup Synup secured $6 million Series A round of funding led by Vertex Ventures also saw participation from existing investor Prime Venture Partners. The startup will deploy the freshly raised funds to expand its sales and marketing efforts as well as accelerate product development.
5) Rapido founded by Pavan Guntupalli, Rishikesh S R and Aravind Sanka: Bengaluru-based bike taxi startup Rapido secured $422K in a new funding round from US-based Battery Road Digital Holdings LLC. Existing investor Astarc Ventures and an undisclosed Indian technology fund also participated in this round.
6) Fashalot founded by Amit Koshal: Gurugram-based Fashalot, a location-based O2O fashion discovery platform, raised an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A funding from Capillary Technologies and saw participation from Whiteboard Capital and existing investors YourNest Angel Fund, Rajul Garg. The startup funding will be deployed to update its technology, hiring more talent and to scale its user base.
7) Transerv founded by Sandeep Ghule, Aditya Gupta, and Anish Williams: Goa-based Transerve Technologies, a startup that offers geospatial technology-based SaaS solutions secured $1.6 million Series A funding from IL&FS Investment Managers and Omidyar Network. Transerve was incubated at the Center for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) – IIM Ahmedabad. This Indian startup is also supported by the Centre for Incubation & Business Acceleration (CIBA), Goa.
8) Pitstop founded by Shiva Bhardwaj: Bengaluru-based car repair and servicing startup Pitstop secured $1 million Series A funding from Blume Ventures and Singapore-based Goldbell Group. Angel investors Anurag Srivastava, Shailesh Rao, Amiya Pathak, Rajesh Yohanan and Rahul Garg also participated in the round. The startup will focus on doorstep services and will invest in adding vehicles. It will also utilize the new funding to develop its technology.
9) CropIn founded by Krishna Kumar: Bengaluru-based agritech startup CropIn secured an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A funding from Singapore-based Beenext. Existing investors Ankur Capital, Boston-based organization Invested Development also participated in the round.
10) CrediFiable founded by Presha Paragash: Consumer lending platform CrediFiable raised an undisclosed amount of Seed funding from Kae Capital. The Bengaluru-based company is observing to use the newly-secured Seed funding to increase its monthly disbursal to over $765K.
Food & Beverage Industry
11) TinMen founded by Mukesh Manda: Zomato invested an undisclosed amount in the Hyderabad-based foodtech startup, TinMen. Post this investment, Zomato and TinMen will work together to expand its services, primarily in Hyderabad, and then the rest of the country.
12) Sportobuddy founded by Sandeep Madhavan and Sunil Kukadia: Sports and fitness discovery portal Sportobuddy raised $1.5 million in a seed round from former IPL team owner Mehul Shah. The startup will deploy the money to push the brand’s digital initiative and reach out to its expanding user-base.