Social media was not just a supernova that died off soon. This versatile online platform is still growing and is increasingly becoming essential for businesses. In fact, we discussed in detail in our previous report that we published in the month of March this year as to how one third of businesses drive revenue through social media. Generating revenue with the help of social media isn’t a big deal but then you need to identify with the need of the hour. And, to do that you need to gather ample information about it including who, what, when, why, where and how like you do in any other case.
In this report based on a study that surveyed over 2800 marketers, we will see how marketers are using social media to grow their businesses.
A sneak peek of the major findings
• 92% marketers indicate that social media is important for their business, up from 86% in 2013
• 37% of the marketers are able to measure the return on investment (ROI) for their social media activities, which is however better than last year when only 26% indicated they could measure ROI.
• 68% of marketers surveyed said they analyze their social media activities.
• Facebook voted by 94%, Twitter by 83% and LinkedIn by 71%, are the two most important social networks for marketers.
• 90% of marketers surveyed said they use Facebook ads, while 20% said LinkedIn ads and 17% Twitter ads.
97% of the marketers surveyed said they use social media to market their businesses.
Only 37% of the marketers surveyed said they are able to measure the return on investment (ROI) for their social media activities, which is however better than last year when only 26% indicated they could measure ROI.
68% of marketers surveyed said they analyze their social media activities.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
Commonly Used Social Media Platforms
Paid Social Media
90% of marketers surveyed said they use Facebook ads, while 20% said LinkedIn ads and 17% Twitter ads.
B2C marketers are using Facebook ads more (94%) than B2B marketers (82%)
How to use this report to your advantage?
Whether you have just now started out with social media marketing or is an experienced one, the report holds a lot of value for you. While beginners can take a look at the analysis, benefits and platforms that your competitors are using, experienced social media marketers can certainly compare themselves against other marketers, spot platforms they will leverage next and determine whether they are achieving the same benefits as their more experienced brethren.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.