Consumer Internet Industry
1) MapTags founded by Krishna Yogi, Abhinav Saksena, Suman Jha: MapTags takes the pain out of filling out addresses. The Bangalore-based startup got a commitment of US$18,000 from the angels at the IIT Bombay e-summit.
2) RegisterMyMarriage founded by Ankur Arun and Gaurav Sharma: Delhi-based marriage registration portal RegisterMyMarriage raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Mumbai Angels and angel investor Praveen Dubey in an angel round. The firm will deploy the funds to expand its registration services to wills, divorces, birth certificates, income certificates, etc.
3) Stockroom.io founded by Naren Krishna Madhurakavi: Hyderabad-based Stockroom.io, a curated platform for developers raised an undisclosed amount of funding in Pre-Series A round from Satya D Sinha and Gyanendra Singh, the founders of MANCER Consulting. With the raised funds, the team further plans to focus on building a SaaS platform based on candidate recommendation system and predictive analytics.
4) OhLook: Hyderabad-based style curation startup for men, OhLook has been selected for Facebook’s developer-focused programme “FbStart” which caters to the early-stage, mobile-focused startups. As part of the programme, the startup will be provided with services and credits worth $40,000. The services include mentorship from Facebook’s engineering teams and services from its partners like Amazon Web Services, Dropbox, Adobe, and MailChimp.
5) Finpin: Mumbai-based fintech startup finpin has been selected for Facebook’s developer-focussed programme “FbStart” which caters to the early-stage, mobile-focused startups. As part of the programme, the startup will be provided with services and credits worth $40,000.
6) iMangeMyHotel founded by SouravGoswami and Amit Banerjee: An ERP SaaS product providing end to end solution for hotel secures $50K in funding from Jaarvis Accelerator and has been selected for their acceleration program.
7) Intuit Things founded by Neil Savant, Ravi Savant, Vikram Vaidya, Mihir Karkare: It is an end-to-end IoT solutions for home automation applications. It aims to do all this at more affordable price points than similar imported products in the market. Angel investor Sanjay Mehta led the funding commitment of US$100,000 into this startup.
8) Cloudrino founded by Tarusha Mittal, Mohit Madan: The Delhi-based startup got a commitment of US$22,000 in funding from the angels at IIT Bombay. It offers companies with virtual servers on the cloud.
9) Clodura: Pune-based automated lead generation startup Clodura Systems raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Ajay Dubey, an IIT Kanpur alumnus. The startup will use the funding for product development, sales, and marketing.
10) TradeShift: Wipro’s venture arm financed an undisclosed amount in business process platform company Tradeshift. The IT firm will partner with the startup to offer cloud-based supply chain solutions.
11) FabX founded by Kunal Mehta, Prasanjeet Suradkar, Abhijeet Pawar, Piyush Chauhan: FabX is a marketplace for refurbished furniture. The startup got a commitment of US$66,000 in seed funding at the e-summit.
12) HUFT founded by Rashi Sanon Narang: Online and offline platform for luxury pet products, Heads Up For Tails (HUFT) raised $2 million in its Pre-Series A round from a clutch of HNIs. The company plans to use the latest funds towards developing its technology and expansion, across India and abroad, in both online and offline channels.
13) Yolo Health founded by Dhilly Babu, Shreyans and Arpit: Chandigarh Angels Network infused $235K in Mumbai-based healthcare startup Yolo Health. The raised funds will be utilized to develop Health ATMs, which will dispense generic drugs. The company will also invest the funds in research and marketing.
14) Notesgen founded by Manak Gulati: Delhi-based Notesgen Technologies Pvt Ltd, which runs peer-to-peer ed-tech startup Notesgen, raised $148K in angel funding from GHV accelerator and existing angel investors. The startup will deploy the funds to enhance its technology and grow its user base.
15) Capital Float founded by Sashank Rishyasringa and Gaurav Hinduja: Bengaluru-based online lending platform Capital Float raised $2.5 million in its private equity round of funding from IFMR Capital Finance and its alternative investment fund.
16) TravelTriangle founded by Sankalp Agarwal, Prabhat Gupta and Sanchit Garg: Holiday Triangle Travel Pvt. Ltd, which operates TravelTriangle.com, raised $10 million in a series B round of funding from RB Investments, a Singapore-based venture capital firm. Existing investors SAIF Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners also participated in the round. The company will invest the funds in technology and product development, as it aims to turn a profit in the next 18 months.