Table of Contents
E-commerce industry has witnessed much growth in 2016 and it is expected to grow even more rapidly within the coming years. The competition in this diverse field will ramp up faster as the customers will be hard to win but easy to lose.
2017 is just around the corner, so it’s the appropriate time to idea for e-commerce marketing trends to help you remain at the top amongst your fierce competitors.
We have covered up 10 E-commerce trends you need to look out for in 2017 to stay ahead and make your win:
1) On Demand, Same Day Delivery will be the Norm
The difference between online and offline shopping will soon be diminished with fast and on-time delivery. On demand delivery is thought to become the standard delivery option in the coming year. Delivery and returns have always been the pain points in online shopping experience. Fast and easy delivery will drastically improve the ecommerce sales.
- A Forester reports states, “29% of consumers would be willing to pay extra for same-day delivery.”
- According to Business Insider, “at least 30% of customers are ready to pay more for same-day or scheduled delivery, thus emphasizing on the growing demand for on-demand delivery.”
2) User-generated Content will become more Important
User-generated content plays an essential role in engaging customers towards your brand. It helps to improve the customer experience by adding visual content into it. Influencer posts also come under user-generated content and let you communicate your message to the masses. To maintain a long-term relationship with your customer and increase the conversion rate, marketers need to start using user-generated content.
- 70% of consumers trust reviews written by other customers above professionally written marketing content.
- 82% of shoppers say that UGC is extremely valuable to them when making a purchasing decision.
3) Mobile will be Prioritized over Desktop
Mobile traffic doubles up every year but it has taken over desktop this year. Even Google is working on a mobile-first index. Now, making the site mobile-friendly will be necessary for increasing the sales. The focus will shift towards on mobile UX as it will help in the conversion of customers without switching to the desktop. Putting mobile first will lead better results rather than just optimizing the website for mobile.
- More than 50% of searches are on mobile
- 90% of mobile media time is spent in apps
- 80% of Facebook advertising revenue is on mobile
- 91% of Facebook usage (Daily Active users) is on mobile
4) Social Selling will be one of the Biggest trends
Social selling is the field which has much potential for the marketers. And it is predicted that it will dominate 2017 by growing more. More and more businesses have adopted the new method to sell on different social platforms directly. Brands can add shopping features and buy buttons on social posts and networks. Use social selling to boost your advertising ROI.
5) Chatbots will Gain Popularity
Chatbots are one of the most important breakthrough marketing technology of 2016 as Social networks like Facebook, WhatsApp, Google Allo and Twitter have introduced integrated bots to provide the better user experience. They have been there before 2016 as well, but this year they have gained much popularity and marketers’ attention. These bots have features like shopping, customer services, booking, etc.
It is predicted that in the upcoming year the emerging technology will grow at a fast pace. These bots will make online purchase interactive and personal and to provide your customers with smooth journey, marketers need to start incorporating them.
6) Remarketing to be another Big Ecommerce trends
Remarketing effectively improves the marketing strategy. Displaying your products in front of the viewers, multiple times as they move across the internet increases the chance of conversion. The study says that it takes on at least 7 touch points on an average before a customer really buys the product. Remarketing is all about timing, so make sure you send the message at the right time with proper intervals.
7) On-Site Personalization is going to Get Huge
Personalize website content that speaks about the interest of the people, needs and preferences of the targeted buyer will be necessary to drive conversions. Marketers will need to have a deep understanding of the buyer in the primary target market to develop a content that resonate and improves the brand recall. Implementing on-site personalization in the emails and websites will work well.
- 45% of online shoppers are more likely to shop on a site that offers personalized recommendations.
- 73% of consumers prefer to do business with brands that use personal information to make their shopping experiences more relevant.
- 80% of consumers like when retailer emails contain recommended products based on previous purchases.
8) Artificial Intelligence will gain Prominence
Artificial Intelligence makes predictions on the basis of the data present. These tools help the customers at retail touchpoints and get replies to most of the queries. The increasing data available to the marketers massively increases their ability to target the customers. E-Commerce will need to keep an eye that how the smart predictions of Artificial Intelligence (AI) are benefiting the brand.
9) Disintermediation and Direct Customer-brand Contact will come in Demand
The contact with brand and customer will become more instantaneous as most of the people look for instant communication in every sphere of life. And disintermediation will come in trend as intermediaries or middleman will be removed from the supply chain in connection with a transaction. Traditional channels will play a lesser role in future.
10) Omni-channel selling will become Important
A multichannel approach to e-commerce websites seek to provide the customers with a seamless shopping experience. Omni-selling means selling the products on multiple channels or marketplaces. Marketing your products in new and different places certainly affect the sales. A study revealed, multichannel shoppers shop more often and send over 3 times more than the single-channel shoppers. It will give businesses a 360-degree view of customers and get to know their preferences and responses that trigger sales.
These are the top 10 chosen trends and, it will be an exciting year for Ecommerce as it is supposed to get increasingly challenging. So, plan your strategies according to the demand of the customers to remain at the top the competition.
Table of Contents