Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Cashify founded by Nakul Kumar and Mandeep Manocha: Gurugram-based pre-used gadgets seller Cashify (formerly known asReGlobe) raised a Series A round from new and existing investors.
2) Billionloans founded by Rangan Varadan: Reliance Capital made an investment of $1 million in Bengaluru-based alternative digital lending startup Billionloans. The seed funding round was routed through its wholly-owned subsidiary Reliance Corporate Advisory Services Limited. With the raised funds, Indian startup Billionloans goals to focus on providing loans to SMEs and to the individuals for affordable housing, education, and personal loans, etc.
3) Mycity4kids founded by Vishal Gupta: Gurgaon-based parenting platform mycity4kids secured an undisclosed amount of a seed round of funding from undisclosed investors.
4) Clip App founded by Nav Agrawal: Bengaluru-based digital media video startup Clip App raised $1 million in an angel round of funding from India Quotient and Chinese investment firm Shunwei Capital. The startup will use the recently raised capital to enhance features for the video only app.
5) UrbanClap founded by Abhiraj Bhal: The biggest Indian startup funding of this week was raised by urbanclap-startup fundingGurugram-based mobile services marketplace UrbanClap. The startup secured $21 million Series C funding from Internet investment fund Vy Capital. Existing investors SAIF Partners, Accel Partner, Bessemer Venture Partners also participated in the round. The startup will use the recently raised funds ‘to expand to more cities, invest in technology, and add new vendors.
6) Refabd founded by Rahul Varma, Vineeth Kumar and Durai Gowardhan: Bengaluru-based pre-used home appliances and furniture seller Refabd raised $92.5K in seed funding from Athamus Venture. The startup will deploy the funds to expand its team and to grow to four more cities. Refabd presently operates only in Bengaluru.
7) Droom founded by Sandeep Aggarwal: Gurugram-based startup Droom, an automobile marketplace raised $20 million Series C round from Integrated Asset Management and Japan’s Digital Garage. The round also saw participation from existing institutional investors including Lightbox Ventures, BEENEXT, Beenos. Apart from this, a number of prominent institutional investors and family offices from China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan participated in the round.
8) Moglix founded by Rahul Garg: B2B e-commerce startup Moglix secured $12 million Series B funding making it the third largest Indian startup funding of this week. With this round, the total amount of funding raised by Moglix stands at $18 million. The round saw participation from International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Rocketship. Existing investors Accel Partners, Jungle Ventures, Shailesh Rao (ex-VP Twitter & Google), and Venture Highway advised by Neeraj Arora of WhatsApp also participated in the round. The startup will deploy the newly raised funds to support the demand for its robust technology solution in the supply chain and manufacturing domain. Apart from this, the funds will be utilized for infrastructure growth and geographical expansion plans.
9) Timesaverz founded by Lovnish Bhatia and Debadutta Upadhyaya: Mumbai-based online home services marketplace Timesaverz secured $1 million from media conglomerate Bennett, Coleman, and Co. Ltd (BCCL), in an Ad for equity deal.
10) Ecolibriumenergy founded by Chintan Soni and Harit Soni: Indian startup Ecolibrium Energy raised $2.6 million in funding from Infuse Ventures Inc, JLL Technology Ventures, and an anonymous angel investor. The investment will be deployed to expand the company’s international presence and also enhance customer engagement. A portion of the newly-raised funds will go into developing advanced deep machine learning algorithms to ensure the better performance of electrical equipment.
11) Minjar founded by Vijay Rayapati: Bengaluru-based cloud computing startup Minjar raised an undisclosed amount of funding in a round from Blume Ventures. The round also saw participation from early-stage funds Contrarian Capital and Emergent Ventures. Individual investors include Pallav Nadhani, founder of FusionCharts; Ashish Gupta, co-founder Helion Ventures; Indus Khaitan of SirionLabs, and Sharad Sharma of iSPIRT. The startup funding will be used in scaling up its US-based business operations and in reinforcement product R&D.
12) ZanDeal founded by Lucy Meihan Lin and Ming Chou: ZanDeal, a stealth-mode Sino-Indian online marketing analytics startup raised $150K from US-based investor Sean Chan. The company will deploy the capital to develop its tech and for marketing initiatives so that it can accelerate the process to launch its services by the end of July.
Food & Beverage Industry
13) Jumbotail founded by Ashish Jhina and Karthik Venkateswaran: Food and grocery wholesale marketplace Jumbotail secured $8.5 million Series A funding from Kalaari Capital and Nexus Venture Partners. Nexus had previously invested $2 million in Jumbotail. The company plans to use the funds for building technologies and enhance operational capabilities.
14) Upwardly founded by Prateek Mehta, Prithvi Raj Tejavath, Shashank Agrawal, and Vivek Agarwal: Bengaluru-based financial services startup Upwardly.in raised an undisclosed amount of a seed round of funding from led by Sreeram Iyer of ANZ Bank, Suvo Sarkar of Emirates NBD, and Anita Gupta of Emirates NBD and Likemind Ventures. The startup will deploy the funds to expand services, develop its platform to provide holistic advisory, build technology, and augment the team.
Table of Contents