Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 04:23 pm
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Pratilipi founded by Ranjeet Pratap Singh, Sankaranarayanan Devarajan, Rahul Ranjan, Prashant Gupta and Sahradayi Modi: This Bangalore-based self-publishing e-platform has raised $925K in seed funding from Nexus Venture Partners and other investors. The round also saw participation from Contrarian Opportunities Fund I and Times Internet Ltd. Equity Crest founders Deepak Gupta and Amit Wadhwa, and Amit Banka, director at Voler Car Private Limited, put in money as well.
2) Kabadiexpressn founded by Kapil Bajaj and Sandeep Sethi: This Delhi-based company which collects waste from door to door, has raised $148K in seed funding from an affluent individual in the real estate segment. The company will use the money for expanding its presence to Noida, Ghaziabad and other NCR areas.
3) Onspon.com founded by Hitesh Gossain: An event-brand partnership platform has raised $150K in angel funding from Indore’s Swan Angel Network. With the new round of funding, the startup plans to scale up the operations, marketing and technology backbone of the product.
4) ProcMart founded by Anish Popli, Pratik Potnis and Saheel Joshi: This Procurement marketplace for office products has raised an undisclosed amount on Pre Series A funding from IndiaMART. The startup would be investing the newly raised capital in creating a robust technology, which is comprehensive, user friendly and easily scalable.
5) The Indian Iris founded by Narayan Singh Rao and Sahitya Sindhu: This policy research and consulting startup has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from Timbru Ventures. The startup will use the newly raised funds to scale its operations.
6) ClearTrip founded by Mathhew Spacie, Hrush Bhatt & Stuart Crighton: Online travel portal ClearTrip has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Concur Technologies and Gund Investment.
7) Qonfuse founded by Mahesh Gaur, Shivraj Dhusariya and Himanshu Srivastava: This Ed-tech startup has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from CureInstant founder Hamraj Kumar, through a Facebook Group, Startup Delhi. The startup is about to launch a service which will avail the users to take an online mock test.
8) SpiderG founded by Prakash Nair: This free e-invoicing app SpiderG has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from a group of investors.
9) Drivify founded by Prasad Shriyan and Jatin Kamdar: This on-demand driver app has raised $50K in seed funding from Citrus Pay founder Jitendra Gupta and a high net-worth individual Pankaj Tripathi. The startup will use the funds to improve and expand the platform, acquire customers and give incentives to drivers.
10) Uolo founded by Ankur Pandey and Badrish Agarwal: This student education tracking app Uolo has raised $210K in seed funding from Purvi Ventures, Sunstone Business School director Rajul Garg and Vipin Arora. Others who participated in this round included Exponentially I Mobility LLP and Artieca Family Trust. The funds will be used to upgrade the tech infrastructure, and on-board more school.
11) Naturenama founded by Shaunak Modi: This travel-tech startup has raised $225K in seed funding from venture capital firm White Unicorn Ventures. The startup will use the funds mainly for technology enhancement, brand building and marketing.
12) REstate founded by Rajeshwar Prasad, Ashwin Srivastava and Mahesh Vellaboyina: Real estate startup Restate has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Idein Ventures. With the new funding, the startup is looking to hire talent from local and global markets.
13) Staqu founded by Atul Rai and others: An Artificial Intelligence (AI) focused research startup Staqu raised an undisclosed amount in funding from IAN. Bikky Khosla, Neeraj Singal and Ajay Gupta led the round on behalf of IAN. With this, Bikky Khosla will join the Staqu board. The startup will use the newly raised funding to further build and democratise technology and strengthen the team.
14) Celerix founded by Nagesh Kodavali: This fin-tech product and services startup has raised $400K in seed funding from Bitkemy Ventures. The funds raised from this round will be used for expanding the team.
15) FarEye founded by Kushal Nahata, Gaurav Srivastava and Gautam Kumar: Logistics management software, FarEye has raised $3.5 million in Series A round of funding as growth funds from Saif Partners. The startup will use the raised capital for the expansion of business to other territories. It wants to capitalize on its logistics management expertise and help enterprises across the globe streamline their logistics.
16) Parablu founded by Anand Prahlad and Ananda Rao Ladi: Kstart, a start-up accelerator run by venture capital (VC) firm Kalaari Capital, invested $500K in Parablu, a cloud security startup. The startup will invest the funds in team expansion, marketing and distribution activities.
17) Cyclops Medtech founded by Nirajan Subbarao: The company has raised an undisclosed seed round of funding from CP Bothra, Chairman and Managing Director of Medreich Pharma. The team had earlier raised a pre-seed round of funding for basic prototype development from a leading surgeon in Benglauru.
E Commerce Industry
18) E commerce Prettysecrets founded by Karan Behal: This online lingerie platform has raised $6 million from RB investments. Existing investor Orios Venture Partners also participated in the round. The raised funds will be utilized on adding new products and categories to its platform. The company will also invest in improving its supply chain and for marketing campaigns.
19) Dipper founded by Suryansh Jalan and Ayush Syal: Freight logistics marketplace Dipper has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from unnamed angel investors. The startup plans to use the funds for marketing initiatives and ramping up operations, besides expanding its teams in Delhi and other cities.
20) Syona Cosmetics founded by Raja Varatharaju and Anuradha Balasubramanian: This Chennai-based company that offers beauty products and training services to salons and spas, has raised $150K in its second round of angel funding from existing investors.