1. MoMagic founded by Arun Gupta: New Delhi based mobile application developer startup MoMagic Technologies has raised funding from FIH Mobile Limited (a subsidiary of Foxconn Technology Group) for 10% stake in the company. The investment will strengthen FIH’s business presence in India and as part of the two companies’ shared goal of tapping significant business opportunities in India.
2. QikPod founded by Ravi Gururaj: Bangalore based self-serve locker provider QikPod has raised $9 million in latest funding from Foxconn, Accel Partners, Flipkart, and Delhivery. Founded by Ravi Gururaj, head of Nasscom’s Product Council, QikPod aims to provide a network of self-serve lockers that will allow couriers to make e-commerce delivereries at any time and for consumers to pick-up at a time of their convenience.
3. Baxi: Gurgaon based 74 BC Technologies Pvt Ltd, which operates Baxi, a two wheller taxi service provider has raised about $1.5 million in a seed round of funding from friends and family including Manish Kheterpal, Alok Mittal, and Puneet Dalmia. The company has received the necessary permits from the government of Haryana, and will start its two wheeler taxi services from this week.
4. Butterfly Interactive: Online marketplace for extra-curricular activities and hobby sciences, Butterfly Interactive, raised an undisclosed amount in angel round funding from a group of Delhi-based angel investors. The funds will be utilized to expand the business approach.
5. Patel Logistics founded by Asgar Patel: Patel Logistics, a Mumbai based transportation and logistics firms, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Mauritius-based specialist PE investment firm Frontline Strategy. The funding will be utilized for establishing new offices and warehouses across the country. The company plans to open 50 branches in the next six months, adding about 10 branches per month at present, and expect to touch 300 branches in three years.
6. Wigzo founded by Umair Mohammed: New Delhi-based Wigzo, an enterprise marketing automation suite, has raised $500K in pre-Series Around of fundingled by Aarin Capital Partners, a VC fund co-founded by former Infosys director TV Mohandas Pai. The funds will be utilized to expand its team and build delivery channels–including mobile, email and web.
7. ZapLuk founded by Manan Maheshwari, Mahesh Teja Gogineni and Chakradhar Dandu: Hyderabad based beauty and wellness app ZapLuk has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from a group of angel investors including former MD of Apple India. Zapluk launched its operations in November this year, and currently provides an app for Android on Google Play.
8. RoomsTonite founded by Suresh John: Bengaluru based startup RoomsTonite, a last minute mobile booking app, has secured an angel funding amount of $1.5 million led by Lashit Sanghvi, co-founder of Alchemy Capital; Nikhil Vora, founder of Sixth Sense Ventures; and many others. The company will use these funds to further expand its services in India and other countries and to strengthen its team to complement their capabilities.
9. Kaaryah founded by Nidhi Agarwal: Fashion e-commerce portal Kaaryah has raised an undisclosed amount in pre-Series A round of funding from Aarin Capital chairman and former Infosys board member TV Mohandas Pai and investment firm The Saha Fund. The fund will be deployed to scale the operations and reach out to as many women as possible. Aside from it, the company will also use the money for recruitment, digitization, automation, raw material sourcing, marketing, and brand building.
10. Anakage founded by Rajeev Kumar and Prosenjit Ghosh: The Bangalore based Anakage, has raised an undisclosed amount from CIO Angel Network (CAN). The company founded in 2013 is planning to use the newly infused funds to expand its user base and sales in the coming 12 months. And it plans to do so by improving the product features and adding content to solve customers’ problems.
11. EasyKhaana founded by Aayush Anand: Delhi based online food ordering and delivery website EasyKhaana, currently operating in Delhi and Gurgaon, has raised $100K in funding from a private investor. The company founded in September 2015 will use the funding to strengthen its logistics and technology.
12. Shuttl founded by Amit Singh and Depanshu Malviya: Gurgaon based Shuttl has raised $20 million from Sequoia Capital, Times Internet Ltd and an international fund. The startup offers shuttle services to commuters across 20 routes in Delhi-NCR with about 500 AC and GPS-enabled buses on its platform doing 8,000 rides a day starting at Rs 20. With fresh funds, it plans to enter major metro cities like Mumbai and Bangalore while it would also venture out into select non-metro cities.
13. Eckovation founded by Akshat Goel and Ritesh Singh: New Delhi based social learning platform Eckovation, has been backed by Chandigarh Angels Network. The startup connects 35,000 students and 400 teachers on its platform.The startup will utilize the money raised to expand its team, strengthen the technology back-end and up marketing.
14. Fit Circle founded by Aarti Gill and MihirGadani: Mumbai-based fitness coaching programs provider FitCircle has raised an undisclosed amount in its pre-series A round of funding from BeerudSheth, Webaroo co-founder and Ravi Mantha, ex-President of TiE Singapore. Founded in 2013, the company will use the money to improve its technology platform, expand customer acquisition and on board more fitness experts.
15. Applop founded by Rahul Singhal: Gurgaon based accelerator GHV has lapped up Applop for its 12-month acceleration program and will give the start-up seed funding of $100K. Applop is a bootstrapped venture, enables businesses to not only make their app themselves, but also maintain them. They can even start their own mobile commerce store via the app and integrate a payment gateway into it.