Consumer Internet Industry
1) SelectJobs founded by Paresh Rajde and Amit Saxena: India Educational Investment Fund (IEIF), an early-stage impact fund established by the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF), has funded undisclosed amount of seed funding in job portal Select Jobs.
2) Khel Now founded by Dhruv Ratra: Mobile-based social networking platform for sports, Khel Now received $500K in funding from Thailand-based Indochine International Co. Ltd. The startup plans to deploy the funds to expand its network and services across Southeast Asian countries. The company is also planning to add sports such as tennis, basketball, badminton, and Thai martial arts such as Muay Thai on its platform.
3) NowFloats founded Neeraj Sabharwal, Nitin Jain, Ronak Samantray, Ronak Kumar Samantray, and Jasminder Gulati: NowFloats, a digital enabler of Small and Medium Businesses (SME) business presence raised $10 million in its Series B round of funding from Iron Pillar Capital and IIFL, along with existing investors Blume Ventures & Omidyar Network. IIFL invested through its Seed Ventures Fund I & Cash Opportunities Fund. The startup plans to utilize the proceeds for sharpening its technology stack that drives customer support which the company is aiming to be a hybrid of automated and human interaction. It plans to enable the larger enterprises to leverage automated SEO on top of their existing websites. Also, it will also strengthen its services for the small and medium enterprises and expand further into the Tier II and Tier III cities in the country.
4) Wishberry founded by Anshulika Dubey and Priyanka Agarwal: Crowdfunding platform Wishberry raised an undisclosed amount in its Pre-Series A round of funding from iSPIRT co-founder Sharad Sharma. The round also saw the participation of Rajan Anandan (MD, Google India), Amit Ranjan (co-founder, SlideShare), Alok Mittal (founding member, IAN), Venkat S Raju and several other investors from LetsVenture.
5) 99PerHour founded by Vidhyaa, and Shanker K: On-demand hyperlocal services provider, 99PerHour raised Seed funding of $300K from a US-based angel investor, V Aanand R. The company plans to deploy these funds to expand its service categories from 18 to 100 across – utility, professional, and personal services.
6) messaGif: A social messaging platform, messaGif, added $ 50K to its initial angel investment by an early Google employee. The company will use the funds to upgrade technology, research & development and marketing. The startup is engrossed on specific Indian content in 9 regional languages and is one of the largest Gif aggregators in the world.
7) TOGEDR: Gurugram-based social networking app TOGEDR got selected for Facebook’s developer-focused programme “FbStart” which caters to the early-stage, mobile-focused startups. As part of the programme, the startup will be provided with services & credits worth $40,000.
8) BabyOnBoard: Bengaluru-based online baby journal creating app BabyOnBoard got selected for Facebook’s developer-focused programme “FbStart” which caters to the early-stage, mobile-focused startups. As part of the programme, the startup will be provided with services & credits worth $40,000. The services include mentorship from Facebook’s engineering teams and services from its partners like Amazon Web Services, Dropbox, Adobe, and MailChimp.
9) Infibeam founded by Sachin Dalal: Bennett, Coleman and Company Ltd (BCCL) invested $8.8 million in Ahmedabad-based e-tailer Infibeam in exchange for equity. Following the transaction, BCCL’s stake in Infibeam is likely to go up from the current 1.4% to around 2.2%.
10) SmarterHi founded by Srini Narayanan and Pradeep Vasudev: IoT-based security services provider, SmarterHi Communications secured an undisclosed amount of funding from a Singapore-based investor for a minority stake. The funding will be deployed to develop its R&D, sales, and marketing team.
11) CRON Systems founded by Tushar Chhabra, Farheen Ahmed, Tommy Katzenellenbogen, and Saurav Agarwala: IoT-based border security solutions provider CRON Systems secured an undisclosed amount in its Pre-Series A round of funding from early-stage VC firm, YourNest. The raised funds will be utilized to develop its R&D team, hiring new members, and venture into new markets across the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
12) Betaout founded by Arjun Mahewshwari, Ankit Maheshwari, Arjun Maheshwari, Mayank Dhingra, Nandini Rathi, and Raghubir Thakur: A customer intelligence and marketing automation platform for e-commerce, Betaout, secured an undisclosed amount of funding from South East Asia-focused East Ventures and angel investors.
13) RML AgTech founded by Rajiv Tevtiya: RML AgTech, formerly known as Reuters Market Light raised $4 million from IvyCap Ventures, a private equity firm. The company plans to use the money to reinforce its IT backbone and to bring in new products and features on its current offerings.
14) Loyalty Prime founded by Christoph Straub and Kunal Mohiuddin: Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform Loyalty Prime raised a Series A round of funding from a consortium of investors, including Munich-based early stage fund Senovo, Unternehmertum Venture Capital (UVC) and angel investor Alexander Bruehl. The company will deploy the funds to expand its business across Europe, the US and Asia.
15) InstaSafe founded by Sandip Kumar Panda, Biju George and Prashanth Guruswamy: Security solution startup, InstaSafe, raised $2.2 million of seed funding from e-governance solution provider ABN Knowledgware in a stock-exchange filing. The startup will utilize primary funds to improve its product offering technology and expand into international markets while enhancing its marketing and sales teams.
16) 99Games founded by Rohith Bhat: A gaming startup 99Games raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by Japanese investment firm Dream Incubator, along with participation from existing investors Kalaari Capital and Ascent Capital. This is Dream Incubator’s debut investment in India. The first female-focussed game to be launched is a puzzle strategy game focused on cooking.
17) Aryaka founded by Ashwath Nagaraj, Ajit Gupta and Rajeev Bharadhwaj: Aryaka, a global SD-WAN (Software-Defined Wide Area Network) and cloud computing platform raised $45 million in Series D round of funding from Third Point Ventures and Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners (DTCP), along with the participation of existing investors. Post the investment, Aidan Cullen, formerly associated with CliQr Technologies will join Aryaka’s leadership team as Chief Financial Officer.
18) Cuemath founded by Manan Khurma: Edtech startup Cuemath, raised $15 million in a series B round of funding from CapitalG and Sequoia India. The company will utilize the funding for improving its learning systems and expanding to other cities across the country.
19) ChipperSage founded by Latha Srinivasan: India Educational Investment Fund (IEIF), an early-stage impact fund established by the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF), has financed undisclosed amount of seed funding in ed-tech firm ChipperSage.
20) LetsTransport founded by Pushkar Singh and Sudarshan Ravi: Bengaluru-based logistics startup, LetsTransport raised $4 million in its Series A round of funding. The latest round of funding was from Neelesh Bhatnagar, former CEO of Landmark Arabia along with GMO, and a Japan-based payment gateway company.
21) Airmed founded by Amit Gupta and Piyush Gupta: Ahmedabad-based healthcare lab aggregator, Airmed Path Labs secured $1.4 million from Bennet, Coleman and Co. Ltd.’s (BCCL) investment handle, Brand Capital. The raised funds will be deployed towards expansion and strengthening its brand.
Digital Media Industry
22) Kochi Post founded by Raghul Sudheesh: The Kochi Post, run by Kochi Post Media LLP, the Kerala focused English language online newspaper raised its first-round investment led by Angel Investor Rajesh Yohannan and Singapore-based VC, Puthen & Cole.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.