- Global mobile data traffic is expected to increase nearly a sevenfold between 2016 and 2021.
- When it comes to media usage, users spend on average 69% of their media time on smartphones.
- Google drives 92.6% of mobile search traffic, followed by Baidu at 3.9%, Bing at 1.6% and Yahoo at 1.2%.
- 92% of those who searched on their phone made a related purchase.
- 53% of mobile site visits are abandoned if pages take longer than 3 seconds to load.
- 57% of users also say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly-designed mobile site.
- 71% of mobile searchers expect mobile site pages to load as fast or faster than desktop
- Only 35% of businesses have mobile-optimized sites as of now.
- Companies with mobile-optimized sites triple their chances of increasing mobile conversion rate to 5% or more.
- 40% of consumers are going to turn to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience.
- 55% of purchase related conversions occur within 1 hour of initial mobile search.
- 73% of mobile search devices trigger additional action and conversion.
- 50% of mobile phone consumers frequent a retail outlet inside 24 hours of a local search on mobile.