- The number of searches per day is approx. 6 billion worldwide.
- Google leads the number of searches per month with more than 100 billion.
- The average number of Google searches per second is 2.3 million.
- The number of searches performed each year = At least 2 trillion but less than a quadrillion.
- Mobile is the first medium of choice for search.
- Search engine traffic is huge for online shopping sites i.e. 10x.
- Google dominates the mobile search market share with 53%.
- Phones and tablets produced 53% of all paid search clicks for businesses.
- The spending on Google Shopping Ads grew to 43%.
- The clickthrough rate on ads has increased after removing the right-hand-side ads.
- The local mobile searches are growing at 146% year over year.
- TV ad spending in 2017 is reaching $72.01 billion.
- Total digital ad spending may hit $77.37 billion in 2018.
- 20% of mobile queries are voice searches.
- 66% of marketers say that growing their organic presence by improving their SEO.