YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. It can drive a huge amount of traffic, build your brand, and do miracles for your business.
YouTube channel is where you can organize your video content for your audience. You can add videos, links, and information for visitors to explore.
Are you struggling to make your brand on YouTube?? So, what makes a YouTube channel a success?
Here are the 3 basics below will help you succeed with YouTube channel.
- #1 Video Title
- #2 Video Descriptions
- #3 Tags
- Watch DSIM Trainees Celebrating Last Day of Batch
#1 Video Title
Every video needs a title. It helps YouTube understand what your video is about, and when it should show up as a search result.
Here are a few things to consider when creating your video titles:
- Maximum Length = 100 characters, to make it easier for Google search.
- Primary keyword should be placed towards the front of the title.
- Consider including the year in the title if related and if people are looking for recent videos.
- Keep the title engaging and descriptive; show users what exactly the video is all about
- Add target keywords in the video file name and use the word “video.”
- Try playing with your titles and keywords to get which maximizes your visibility.
#2 Video Descriptions
Video descriptions can deliver valuable information that helps audiences find your videos in search results and understand what they’ll be watching. Well-written descriptions with the right keywords can boost views and watch time because they help your video show up in search results.
Below are a few things to consider:
- A maximum length of 1000 words is allowed within the description.
- Start with a brief summary of the video (Meta description length of 160 words).
- Include a link to your subscriber opt-in, blog and website.
- Keep it simple, yet informative and detailed and put some keywords in.
- Write creative, compelling and informative descriptions about the video.
Right tag in your videos helps audience search requests with your content getting your videos to the top of the search results. They are also used by YouTube to associate your videos with others enclosing similar content.
Things to consider when tagging:
- Maximum Length = 500 characters
- When tagging your YouTube video, think of unique tags that include your keyword phrases.
- Consider using your brand, city, and relevant topics.
- Use both plural and singular keywords.
- Step 1: Right Click on YouTube page for the video you want to inspect
- Step 2: Choose Inspect Source at the bottom of the drop-down menu
- Step 3: Click Clt + F
- Step 4: Enter text video:tag
- Step 5: Use Tags
- Channel Keywords – keywords that tell your brand such as channel name, tagline, and ability names etc.
- Subject Keywords – What topics do you cover? Which categories? Which sorts of keywords to rank your YouTube channel?